Turn signal cancelling

beatupmark

Registered
Anybody know what cancels the turn signal when you complete your turn? Mine stay on all the time, unless I remember to shut them off. Thanks a bunch.

I'm pretty sure it is mechanical. You would have to replace your Multi-function switch (the turn signal switch) in your steering column.

I was thinking it was mechanical also. What actually tells the switch to release? Are there pins or something on the steering wheel that that release the switch? Only reason im asking is cause somebody stole the airbag out of the car right before i got it. And took off the steering wheel. Was wondering if screwing with the steeing wheel caused something to not work.

I guess anything is possible but I've never had to tear apart a steering wheel or a multifunction switch before. Guess I've gotten lucky because I don't think it is that fun.

I'll let someone else chime in that has had to do that job before.

Matt- go to section 11-04 and 11-05 in your shop manual, see 11-05-15 for function test. Also see 11-05-19 as it looks as though there are 4 cam lobes that contact the switch to knock it to off position. This is not a direct answer, but hope it helps.

Last edited:
Back