Need some help with lights.

xxxxluckyxxxx

Registered
I just got my 95 mark 8 out of storage yesterday and it ran like a champ. So i went to town which is 20 miles away. Once i got there it turned dark and o my i could not see anything. I almost hit a curb and is was a mess. The lights i have now get water in them and are all yellow and the reflection is gone. So i know i need new lights. I was trying to think of different things to do. If i need new lights i can get them for the dealer price, or if i need some hid lights i could go that way. I would just like to have some nice lights on my car with out having to spend over $500 thanks Tom

Do a search here on "headlights". There is enough to keep you reading for a week. I don't know if the lights are even still available from the dealer.....

Max's price for standards is about $235 per side. Conversion cost is really up there if you can find the parts. Expect $1,000 or more, unless you really get lucky.

If it were me, I'd get new halogen headlamps and put in HIR bulbs all around - high and low beam. It would be a good idea to install a relay harness as well.

So pretty much there is no easy way or non expensive way to fix it.

I might just go out and try to get some bright fog lamps or something. It sucks because the car only has 120k on it and everything runs and looks like new besides the dam headlights.

In my opinion, the new halogen assemblies are the best and least costly alternative. They will likely last another 10 years/100K miles.

I had driving lights on my '93(behind the grille) once.

I don't have halogens, I have HIDs on both my Marks. I don't really drive them at night enough to worry about the obsolete bulbs burning out though. :D

Unless you're asking about the driving lights. I bought a set of Hella rectangular halogen driving lamps from a local parts store for around $75 if I recall correctly.

i think i might just try to find some new or good shaped light housings since mine are yellow and reflection is pealing off. then get some bulbs and go from there cause once i prob will not drive that much at night once summer comes

Some users on here have had luck "rebuilding" the lights. Basically taking them apart and redoing the reflective surface, cleaning them up and resealing them.

But yea, this topic has been covered well over, doing a search on headlights will show you many results to keep you busy for a while.

Nothing will beat spending $400 for a new set. Through in a HID kit for $88 and you will be in heaven! Yes, its some cash to spend but you will not be happier!

You can break open the housings and try to rebuild them. unique-chrome.com can re-coast the inside I bet. Cost is not much and it should hold up to the temps. Then you can do as mentioned and sand/buff/polish the lenses. I think its a lot of work though.

Back