Optima Batteries

RE: Optima Batteries

I'd say you'd be better off with a yellow top in our cars. However, the Hawker Odyssey's are much better sealed batteries. Around here for my carthey run aroud $150 or so, and give better performance than optima's.

dj
For Help with the 1-2 Repair, how to make kickpods,
A Library of Mark VIII articles,
or some pics of my car, check out
www.markviii.org/~maddshadez

I have heard of the Optima Battery, but what does the top color like red, yellow, etc. signify?

Thanks
Larry

I don't remember the model number off the top of my head, but you can call the battery store and they should know. here's a link with stores they have in illinois,
http://www.odysseyfactory.com/ody_il.htm

Optima red tops are normally for just starting cars. But due to our larger engines, they aren't as effective.
Yellow tops are for stereo systems requiring extra batteries. They are more powerful than red tops, but are notorius for not starting well when it's cold. They are also known to leak, even though the whole point is that they aren't supposed to leak.
Blue tops I beleive are the same as yellow tops, but are supposed to be for marine applications.

dj
For Help with the 1-2 Repair, how to make kickpods,
A Library of Mark VIII articles,
or some pics of my car, check out
www.markviii.org/~maddshadez

I had the yellow optima for the last three years. It never disappointed me. I don't have a big stereo, but I used to work in a radio shop and we got a sweet deal on them. Nevertheless, I bet there are better batteries. They cost most than the optimas, though.

Gee. I feel silly with my DieHard Battery............

Both my batteries are Optima Yellow Tops, I am very pleased with them.

Back