Getting a new eye

jayello

Registered
Well my car goes in bright and early Thursday morning at 8:00 to get another new headlight. This time there replacing the free replacement halogen I was given because it has moisture in it.

Hmm... 3 new halogen headlights, 3 trips to the dealership. I'm wondering if they could've saved money by giveing my HIDs when I asked for them the first time.

RE: Getting a new eye

Well this one doesn't have moisuture in it... so far so good...

Still can't see at night though

I’m amazed at fords crappy headlight designs. I see New LS's all the time with water in them allllllll the time. Can you design a good reflector that will light up the road and not allow moisture to go in? I mean its one thing to get moisture when you have 160K on the car, but its another when it’s only a couple of months old. (This happened twice to me with a Mercury Grand Marquis.

Ford has had this moisture problem for quite a long time. I had to replace the plastic lenses on my '87 T-Bird cause I just couldn't see at night anymore. And what a difference that was. BTW, I don't know what Ford did, but that new set never did get moisture inside after that. Am driving a '97 Merc Grand Marquis for work now, and those lenses are getting fogged up now...Next time it goes into shop for anu other work I'll have them install new lenses. The seal around the lamps must break down over time allowing moisture to collect inside, then stuff begins to grow. Yuck!

Back