Conversion from Halogen headlights to HID 1996 Mark VII

r_sirvinsky

Registered
I was able to locate the replacement kits to HID headlights from the standard Halogen lights. I purchased the kits from Five Star Ford parts in Arizona.

If anyone has gone through the conversion can they tell me if there are any special wire splicing or connections that need to be done? The connection from the ballast to the head light housing seems to be straightforward for the regular headlight, and it looks like the high beam and directional look to use the same connections as the standard unit. The question I have is for the connection from the ballast to the old lead that went to the headlight. Can anyone give me some information on this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

RE: Conversion from Halogen headlights to HID 1996 Mark

On all Marks I've seen the low beam wires you're referring to were black and red. There might be a weird plug on the ballast but the wires are the same color as the ones in the car. The rest should be self-explanatory. Use solder gun plus shrink tubing. Make sure you mount the ballasts where they have good airflow.

I did the conversion myself... and if I can do it... you can do it in half the time and twice as well... :D

Let me see if I can find my write up about it...

-Joe

Ok, so I couldn’t seem to find it anywhere...

But trust me, I think I used a steak knife, a few butt connecters, a wire crimper and a screw driver, maybe two.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. Post or e-mail me badsax@hotmail.com

-Joe

Try not to cut your hands up too bad getting those damned clips off. (three per assembly)

You know it's funny, but those clips didn't give me any trouble at all... they came right off, looked pretty good, so I reused them.

-Joe

A Dremel! Ray you wuss... That's what the steak knife is for... :D

-Joe

Well if it makes you feel any better, I bought a Dremel after the headlight project...

Apparently I like to do things the hard way... :D

-Joe

Slow... try reverse... :D

-Joe

Back