interior lights won't shut off!!!

madfordz

Registered
what would cause the interior lights to not go out? i don't have a door ajar message or any other indicator that there is not a good seal at the doors...the interior lights simply don't go out....any thoughts?

thanks,

m
1993 Mark VIII
1994 Mark VIII
1990 Tbird SC
and a whole lot more than there is room to list!!

RE: interior lights won't shut off!!!

Have you made sure that your dashboard light dimmer control is not rotated to the interior-light-on position? If it isn't that, I'm stumped.

On a Gen 2,(Gen 2s rule) the switch is hidden in the lock mechanism. A little shot of lubricant will cure the stuck switch. I'm not sure of the arrangement on the Gen 1s. One of the hidden luxury features of the Gen 2 (again, I'm not sure of the Gen 1), is that none of the lights on the car will remain on for more than a few minutes to save the battery.

Good luck. Maybe an archives search on [link:markviii.org|The Mark VIII Message Board] will help. Is this a faux pas?

Good luck. Maybe an archives search on [link:markviii.org|The Mark VIII Message Board] will help. Is this a faux pas?

Yep. Read the title closely. It should say "THE Mark VIII Message Board." ;-)

I would have jumped on that one too, Trix. Good call.

'93 MonsterMark Project Car
Bryan

Oh man.....it could be a short.....it could be in the ignition......it could be a cooked bulb....Could be in the door....in the memory of the keyless entry......it could be ANYWHERE....

GOOD LUCK!!

(Try disconnecting the battery for a while....see if it resets itself..)

te
Gen1

Back