Announcement

Collapse

CALL FOR CALENDAR PICS!

It's time to submit pics for the 2019 Lincolns of Distinction Car Club Calendar!

Send me pics of your Lincoln! Any Lincoln. ALL your Lincolns!!

Email them to me at ~

j_a_peters at usa dot net

PLEASE PUT "CALENDAR PICS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Please send HIGH RESOLUTION pics, the bigger, the better quality the calendar will be! At an absolute minimum it should be 1200 x 1600.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org...-calendar-pics
See more
See less

Gen 2 Cordovan lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 2 Cordovan lights

Found some time, and got a lense done for one of my cordovan headlights.Click image for larger version

Name:	RED gen 2 lights.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	477272Click image for larger version

Name:	RED Gen 2 lights-2.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	477273Click image for larger version

Name:	RED Gen 2 lights-3.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	477274
    Not sure about the silver trim, what to do, what to do?
    94 MK VIII
    95 MK VIII
    98 MK VIII CE # 87
    04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Originally posted by ONLYTONY View Post
    Found some time, and got a lense done for one of my cordovan headlights.[ATTACH]15094[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15095[/ATTACH][ATTACH]15096[/ATTACH]
    Not sure about the silver trim, what to do, what to do?
    Black?
    JP

Comment

The bottom silver strip has to be cordovan so as to match the lower trim. Inside the lense, gonna be tough to do.
      94 MK VIII
      95 MK VIII
      98 MK VIII CE # 87
      04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red lights with trim.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	473880The bottom silver strip has to be painted cordovan. It'll bring it all together. All the silver is painted on the outside of the lense, except the bottom part that I shall paint cordovan.
        94 MK VIII
        95 MK VIII
        98 MK VIII CE # 87
        04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

What did you do, did you put a strip of something over the silver trim?

Bill
          1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
          1997 White LSC 135k miles
          1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
          1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
          1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

The lower silver strip, near the trim piece, that happens to be painted inside the lense, looks out of place to me. I'm going to paint it cordovan, and I think the headlight will flow like it's part of the car, and not an added headlight. I have one all taped up to be painted. Took almost an hour, and lots of tape. I think the upper silver part can stay silver, but time will tell. Nobody noticed that the big yellow side reflector looks different. Cornering light is chrome, but when on it shines like normal
            Last edited by ONLYTONY; 01-18-2018, 08:06 PM.
            94 MK VIII
            95 MK VIII
            98 MK VIII CE # 87
            04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

The lower silver strip, near the trim piece, that happens to be painted inside the lense, looks out of place to me. I'm going to paint it cordovan, and I think the headlight will flow like it's part of the car, and not an added headlight. I have one all taped up to be painted. Took almost an hour, and lots of tape. I think the upper silver part can stay silver, but time will tell. Nobody noticed that the big yellow side reflector looks different. Cornering light is chrome, but when on it shines like normal
              Very Nice Job!

Comment

Name:	Lenses silver painted.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	473896
                [ATTACH]15099[/ATTACH]The bottom silver strip has to be painted cordovan. It'll bring it all together. All the silver is painted on the outside of the lense, except the bottom part that I shall paint cordovan.
                Lot of prep, and silver gone on the bottom
                94 MK VIII
                95 MK VIII
                98 MK VIII CE # 87
                04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

Tony, I like the treatment you have going here, and have my '97 headlights done in Black (to match my car color). I am not too sure how well you will like the remaining Silver 'ring' you have once you install the housings in the car, as it may look goofy with that Silver in a sea of Cordovan. Just like I am unsure how I will like mine once I get them in the car, as what I did may make them disappear into the Black Hole of a Black car!
                  If you're not living on the edge, you are using too much space.

Comment

The 2 pics above, one has silver on lower part of the lense, and one has it painted Cordovan. The thin dark line between lense, and trim is just clear lense, and I hope it disappears once installed.
                    94 MK VIII
                    95 MK VIII
                    98 MK VIII CE # 87
                    04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

... I hope it disappears once installed.
                      I think to the untrained eye, it will. You are just fixated on it because you know it's there.
                      JP

Comment

Name:	Lincoln star in red gen2 + reflector.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	473900Click image for larger version

Name:	Lincoln star in red gen 2.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	473901I think it'll be ok. I look at lights from a foot away with bright shop lights. When on the car, your looking from 3 foot distance. A lot of stuff doesn't show. Almost time to seal them up. I had to add a little something.
                        94 MK VIII
                        95 MK VIII
                        98 MK VIII CE # 87
                        04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

That emblem is a nice touch indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing these all finished up.
                          Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                          2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Too bad, I'm bringing the white 94 to Carlisle this year. I should have them installed within 2 weeks, weather permiting
                            94 MK VIII
                            95 MK VIII
                            98 MK VIII CE # 87
                            04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

On the last light housing you show a pic of; the thin silver trim ring will disappear once the lens is back on, but then there is still the matter of that area of the lens itself being frosted silver to hide the butyl rope seal.

Honestly, I think Driller is correct in that 99.9% of those looking at it won't know or care. It looks good, and will look good on the car!
                              If you're not living on the edge, you are using too much space.

Comment

Working...
                              X