Announcement

Collapse

CALL FOR CALENDAR PICS!

It's time to submit pics for the 2019 Lincolns of Distinction Car Club Calendar!

Send me pics of your Lincoln! Any Lincoln. ALL your Lincolns!!

Email them to me at ~

j_a_peters at usa dot net

PLEASE PUT "CALENDAR PICS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Please send HIGH RESOLUTION pics, the bigger, the better quality the calendar will be! At an absolute minimum it should be 1200 x 1600.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org...-calendar-pics
See more
See less

LED Running Lights for under $5.50? You bet!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Running Lights for under $5.50? You bet!!

I ordered from Amazon a 4-pack of LED strips (18.9 in. long) that were (supposed to be) fully sealed in clear flexible plastic (or at least that's what the description said) for $11.99. A week or so later (they came from China) I got them and installed one strip under each of my Gen 1 headlights (there is a gap there that begged to be purposefully filled) using clear silicone adhesive. Before that, I made sure that the back of the strips were fully sealed in clear plastic; in some areas where the workmanship was shabby, I used a hot glue gun to complete the encapsulation process to make sure the strips are waterproof.

Connected the (+) of both LED strips to Fuse #17 in the cab fuse panel (any ignition-controlled circuit will do) using an old in-line fuse that I've found in my "farmer's grabbox", and the (-) to the nearest ground (there's one big ground screw above each headlight assembly), and VOILA! I have LED DRLs in less than 1/2 hrs and under $5.50.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ovysimac; 03-19-2018, 05:30 PM. Reason: new, better picture
    Semper Paratus!
    Ovy
    93 Mk8 Opal Frost, stock w/custom dual exhaust, coil suspension, HID/LED conversions, limo tint, turbine wheels, aftermarket audio, 140-ish kMI

LED DRLs with HID lo beam on:
    Semper Paratus!
    Ovy
    93 Mk8 Opal Frost, stock w/custom dual exhaust, coil suspension, HID/LED conversions, limo tint, turbine wheels, aftermarket audio, 140-ish kMI

Comment

Nice

Comment

I like DRL's on all my cars. If these strips are external on the front of the car, You should clear coat them. On my PU, after 2 years, a few led's went out, and now one side is out. Mfg sent me new ones, and said I should clear coat them.
        94 MK VIII
        95 MK VIII
        98 MK VIII CE # 87
        04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

At $11/four LED strips & 1/2 hrs. labor it's not worth doing anything extra. When they die, or get really/un-cleanable dirty, another 1/2 hr labor will replace both. Thinking to double them though (will try this weekend) to increase DRL brightness for these Vegas summer days...
          Semper Paratus!
          Ovy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	95 winter 11-2014.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	473977Click image for larger version

Name:	HID LED 95.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	473976I did some led's on my 95 a long time ago, but switched to lower mounted fog lights as DRL's. Not as large or bright as yours
            Last edited by ONLYTONY; 03-23-2018, 04:44 PM.
            94 MK VIII
            95 MK VIII
            98 MK VIII CE # 87
            04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

Working...
            X