Announcement

Collapse

CALL FOR CALENDAR PICS!

It's time to submit pics for the 2019 Lincolns of Distinction Car Club Calendar!

Send me pics of your Lincoln! Any Lincoln. ALL your Lincolns!!

Email them to me at ~

j_a_peters at usa dot net

PLEASE PUT "CALENDAR PICS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Please send HIGH RESOLUTION pics, the bigger, the better quality the calendar will be! At an absolute minimum it should be 1200 x 1600.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org...-calendar-pics
See more
See less

Which Muffler?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Muffler?

OK Gang:
    I would like to change factory mufflers on my stock 97LSC to something with a little idle rumble. I do NOT want any drone or noise at cruise. I am planning on 4.10 gears soon so cruise rpms should be between 2000 and 2600. I do not plan on any other exhaust changes in the near future, only muffler changes. Any suggestions? Can I keep the factory tips? I really like them.
    Thanks for the input.

Artist fomerly known as "SuperScooter"
    97 Blk LSC

RE: Which Muffler?

Check with the vendors here for some great mufflers.

I think you will find you will prefer different tips once you get new mufflers.
    Norm Wagner

If you are going through hell, keep going.

Comment

I have magnaflow mufflers with the stock flat tips. It is a nice sound but relatively quiet and musclecar sound.

Comment

I have a 96 lsc.I completely cut out the mufflers,welded in straight pipe,and welded the stock tips back on.I have a slight drone at 40 to 50 mph,but it pretty much goes away above 70 mph.I am going to install a complete dual exhaust soon with magnaflow mufflers.

Comment

Magnaflow seems to be the go-to for these cars. I'm super pleased with mine. A great little rumble around town.

The kids both say it's too quiet, but I don't think they'd be pleased with anything short of straight pipes..
          Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
          2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Working...
          X