Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Muffler?

OK Gang:
    I would like to change factory mufflers on my stock 97LSC to something with a little idle rumble. I do NOT want any drone or noise at cruise. I am planning on 4.10 gears soon so cruise rpms should be between 2000 and 2600. I do not plan on any other exhaust changes in the near future, only muffler changes. Any suggestions? Can I keep the factory tips? I really like them.
    Thanks for the input.

Artist fomerly known as "SuperScooter"
    97 Blk LSC

RE: Which Muffler?

Check with the vendors here for some great mufflers.

I think you will find you will prefer different tips once you get new mufflers.
    Norm Wagner

If you are going through hell, keep going.

Comment

I have magnaflow mufflers with the stock flat tips. It is a nice sound but relatively quiet and musclecar sound.

Comment

I have a 96 lsc.I completely cut out the mufflers,welded in straight pipe,and welded the stock tips back on.I have a slight drone at 40 to 50 mph,but it pretty much goes away above 70 mph.I am going to install a complete dual exhaust soon with magnaflow mufflers.

Comment

Magnaflow seems to be the go-to for these cars. I'm super pleased with mine. A great little rumble around town.

The kids both say it's too quiet, but I don't think they'd be pleased with anything short of straight pipes..
          Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
          2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Working...
          X