Exhausting

KStromberg

VIII looking for 8s
While the converter is out getting tweaked, my surgeon said, "we really need to re-do your exhaust". Every time my car has came off of his lift, the car has gotten faster, so I obliged.

IMG_9446.jpgIMG_9446.jpg

Fun fact, I just found out a week ago that not only is my exhaust crush-bent garbage(knew this already) but this car has had 2-1/4" exhaust on it since I bought it in 2012. :eek: Also, the x-pipe which was put on later by the exhaust shop that destroyed my header is also going away since the inner chamber only feeds thru with a hole the size of a half-dollar. :eek: He didn't like that either. I agreed.

20170910_165004.jpg

This is the crap that came off. :err-what?:

20170910_170615.jpg

Fun fact, we are installing v-bands and the backhalf of the exhaust will be removed for the track this year. I don't anticipate there being any choking on the exhaust side. It's going to be bloody murder loud. :laugh:

My hopes is that between the exhaust modifications, converter tweak, and weight tweaks at the nose this will be a 10 second car before we even touch the tune. That way I can be assured that this car will STILL run 10s even with a rollbar just in case a certain someone wants to gripe about it. My ultimate goal is to beat Burbank LSCs time on the 1/4 mile list. Numero uno.

Last edited:
Back