Almost lost the '96!

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
I went on an errand run with the '96 today and almost lost it! :eek:

It had rained earlier in the afternoon and I was making a right hand turn onto the main highway(which was dry) when I noticed traffic coming up fast from the rear. No problem, I was already in my lane and I just nailed it. The '96 responded heartedly and quickly lept up to speed. Looking down at the tach, waiting for the 1-2 shift, I was abruptly suprised when at past 6K rpms, the car suddenly lurched hard into second and I found myself sideways! Woohoo! Here we go! Release throttle, countersteer quickly and instictively I was back into the throttle as she straightened up. A quick check in the mirror and the traffic in the rear was fading fast...

Now I would've known to expect such from the '93. I think perhaps the tires were wet even though the main road was dry, but it was almost sastifying to see the '96 is performing well. }( }( }(

RE: Almost lost the '96!

Used to have that problem quite often with my 86 mustang, not yet have i ever come close with the fwd conti but i had learned how to have a little fun in it a few months before coming to iraq, il have burnout pics when i get home, lol.}( }(

Back