New member /Chip Programmer Question

fastmark8

Registered
This is my first post so hello. I will post some pics soon.

I'm a senior master ford tech and currently own a black on black 97 LSC.
I am looking into getting a chip/programmer and want to know which one and from who do you recommend?

I was looking at the SCT from Reinhart but am unsure.
The car has a 125hp shot and 2.5 inch cat back flowmasters. My main problem or improvement needed is the weak, soft shifts on the bottle.

Thanks David

Welcome! :)

The one I would recommend is a sponsor of the forums here, BlueOvalChips.com.

I just got my SCT prgrammer in sunday and I love the ****s. The car just barrels down the road now. I would recommend BOC as well. Lonnie is good to work with.

I just got my SCT prgrammer in sunday and I love the ****s. The car just barrels down the road now. I would recommend BOC as well. Lonnie is good to work with.

ROFL, took me a while, but I'm assuming you forgot to put the F in shifts? :p

The transmission it self has not been altered but long story short I got the programmer today and it worked pretty well, the shifts could be a little firmer but if I feel the need I'll do the shift kit as noted above.
It pulls much better on the bottle now that it shifts correctly, plus it pulls to about 7,000 rpms.
Thanks for all the input.
David

I am unsure about the tuner, but can't you adjust shift firmness through that? I never had a tuner, but I had a chip burned for my Bird, and lonnie said it was only at 50%, along with the j-mod, it snapped necks!

I installed the programmer and it works ok. Under light accell is drags out the shift points to long but I plan on contacting the programmer to fix this. It now shifts later and firmer on the bottle. and revs to about 6800 rpms. Its not really a hard shift but firm enough for now.

I am unsure about the tuner, but can't you adjust shift firmness through that? I never had a tuner, but I had a chip burned for my Bird, and lonnie said it was only at 50%, along with the j-mod, it snapped necks!

To a certain extent yes...but the mechanicals have a bigger and final say.

Back