Injector Cleaner?

THEMOJOMAN

Registered
Which injector cleaner is best for OUR CARS? 1995 MARK 45,000 "cherry" I have a hesitation when I acc. at any speed. NOT BAD but it's there. NEW FUEL FILTER "TODAY" still does it. Will cruise right up the Interstate 80-90mph with no problem UNLESS I acc. it a little.

Last edited:
I don't use any cleaners or fuel additives in my cars anymore, including Seafoam! :eek: My secret...? Shell gasoline V-power 93 in my SL and The Mark, and regular unleaded in Wendy's mini van, and her son's v6 Mustang.

I kid you not. The stuff really works. I had a lazy o2 sensor in both the SL, and the Mustang that would set off the check engine light and throw a code in both cars. One would think that I should change the o2's and be on my way... But no... Run two tanks of Shell gas in each car, and no more cel's or codes. The cars both run better, and smoother too.

I was a firm believer in BP fuel for years, and would drive out of my way to get it. Not any more. I drive out of my way for Shell fuel now. :)

I have been exclusively using shell for years now. Any extra cost is negated with my shell credit card. In the last few years one of the only times I went to a no name place I got **** gas that caused my car to sputter under load...never again.

I don't use any cleaners or fuel additives in my cars anymore, including Seafoam! :eek: My secret...? Shell gasoline V-power 93 in my SL and The Mark, and regular unleaded in Wendy's mini van, and her son's v6 Mustang.

I kid you not. The stuff really works. I had a lazy o2 sensor in both the SL, and the Mustang that would set off the check engine light and throw a code in both cars. One would think that I should change the o2's and be on my way... But no... Run two tanks of Shell gas in each car, and no more cel's or codes. The cars both run better, and smoother too.

I was a firm believer in BP fuel for years, and would drive out of my way to get it. Not any more. I drive out of my way for Shell fuel now. :)

If Shell is a franchise, some places will still be hit and miss...aged fuel, etc. What I really hate is the pumps (mostly Shell) that are busted in some way, constantly losing suction and shutting off. I end up leaving two black stripes and a cloud to inform them of the issue.

In any case, I'm going to continue to spend $2 every 5k miles.

Last edited:
hmmm

hmmm

Cleaning stuffs fine, but i would take a volt meter to the TPS and check it for smooth signal from off idle to wide open throttle even with that little milage on it. The way you described the hesitation is too perfect and is repeating itself over and over, low speed and also high speed, bottom of the TPS range,no flukes. (the first initial crack open of the lower range of the throttle position sensor that gets used 100 percent of the time during normal drive and traffic.) Think of how many times that little spring has rubbed in that same area or sensor. Could have a flat spot in it.
You said it doesnt happen at all obove say 20 percent throttle. But the IMRCs could be gummy as well and i think the cleaner would help too. Im going to seafoam mine this weekend. (it's being driven stocker now till the transplants begin sometime in future).

Cleaning stuffs fine, but i would take a volt meter to the TPS and check it for smooth signal from off idle to wide open throttle .

Everyone should probably do this...when I data-logged my TPS voltage at idle via Xcal, it bobbed up and down quite a bit...250+/-50 mV I think it was.

And for those programmers out there, idle TPS voltage is not 0 volts.

I found that out the hard way when I programmed my shift and lockup schedule.

could someone throw me a pic of the TPS, mine is studdering horribly under load, i can feather it and itll ride kinda smooth, and if i hit it WOT there doesnt seem to be quite the balls it used to have, ive changed plugs and have wires on the way, got a new intake tube to fix that vacuum leak and even cleaned the throttle body by hand, i even bought new intake mani gaskets cuz i think i can hear it suckin vacuum at the plenum, plus theres a lil oil at the front of the intake directly behind the alternator.. so ill change that, but i really need to get this studder problem fixed

I'm not 100%, but I don't think TPS would cause that.

I've driven with my TPS unplugged before (by accident). It was underpowered, but ran smooth.

Back