Parts Car Purchase Inquiry?

WIP95MRK8

Registered
Ok so theres a guy that has a 96 LSC for sale that the front end is wrecked. He seems to have a lot of good parts that I could use but some help from the group ensuring I will get value would be great.

I have a 98 base and would love to have the front seats from the parts car along with most of the following:

Lincoln Motorsport Megameter 900cfm,80mm,billet,adjustable MAF
K&N Conical air filter
Complete Sniper Tuning Package with computer program and interface to custom tune and
load into cars ECU
All new bearings in aluminum 8.8 IRS
Auburn limited slip differential (none of the MARK VIIIs came with posi)
Ford Racing 4.10 gears (Base-3.08,LSC-3.27) 4.10s are perfect with 4sp auto.
Proper speedometer gear in trans.
Magnaflow exhaust
Drilled and slotted rotors (front and rear)
17X9 Polished Cobra R wheels
Nexen 245/45-17 front
Nexen 275/40-17 rear
4R70W upgrades

So can anyone tell me if the trans and pumpkin will work on my 98'? The same goes for the rotors if there are in good enough condition I would love to swap mine out for the time being. Also the exhaust would be a great addition for my car. Also woud the tuning package work?

The rear dif should be fine, not sure about the trans...

Why do you want to swap the seats?

:D -J

Good to hear on the diff. The seats would be mainly for the passenger side seat. The motor or something keeps going bad. I'm on my second seat rail.

Check the bolt circle on the rotors and wheels.

Mustang hubs may have been swapped in there...which have a different bolt circle, though you can put Mustang hubs on a Mark VIII easily if that's the case.

BTW, some Mark VIII's came with Ford's Traction-lok, which is a limited slip diff. A lot of guys on here have put this unit in their Mark.

I've put an Eaton in mine, and at least one other has put a gear-style True-Trac in there.

I've never heard of anyone putting a conical in a Mark VIII, though I considered it for my car vs. the Eaton.

I should have gone with the Auburn...

Last edited:
The guy did confirm that the bolt pattern was 5x4.25.

The other thought here is to part out what ever I can't use since the damage to the car is in the front passengers side only.

Your 98 transmission has the better parts in it already, so don't swap it out. That is if both are stock. Yes they are interchangeable.

The guy did confirm that the bolt pattern was 5x4.25.

The other thought here is to part out what ever I can't use since the damage to the car is in the front passengers side only.

Seriously consider the hub swap as well. It's a couple hundred bucks for something that likely needs replacing anyway...or soon. And it's on the easier side of Mark VIII work.

Seriously consider the hub swap as well. It's a couple hundred bucks for something that likely needs replacing anyway...or soon. And it's on the easier side of Mark VIII work.

I want to do the swap but haven't read a artile here showing how to do this cost effectively...

BTW, some Mark VIII's came with Ford's Traction-lok, which is a limited slip diff. A lot of guys on here have put this unit in their Mark.

I have never seen or heard of the Ford T/L being an option or standard equipment on a Mark VIII.I have 4 service manuals, paper and cd and none list the T/L dif. for the Marks. I swapped in a T/L from a Super Coupe years ago with great results. The SCs with automatics came with the better gear ratios stock.
That parts car sounds like a good buy if the price is right.

Was that a members car? If so whose? It sounds like he knew what he was doing. How are the HIDs?

Last edited:

I have never seen or heard of the Ford T/L being an option or standard equipment on a Mark VIII.I have 4 service manuals, paper and cd and none list the T/L dif. for the Marks. I swapped in a T/L from a Super Coupe years ago with great results. The SCs with automatics came with the better gear ratios stock.
That parts car sounds like a good buy if the price is right.

Was that a members car? If so whose? It sounds like he knew what he was doing. How are the HIDs?

I myself don't really know...just what has been said on this forum in recent years.

Back