Water in headlight lens.

calisonic

Registered
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-A877/A877UCID3 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Condensation is consistantly accumilating on the inside of the drivers side headlight lens, covering almost the entire inside suface of it. It doesnt really go away even with the brights on.

If I remember correctly, that happened to my '97 after I first had it. I removed the whole thing from the car and cleaned all the lense edges AND the car's mating surface and that seemed to have taken care of it....

I think I pulled it to sand and polish the outside surface and got rid of the condensation at the same time....I think I used a heat gun to dry it.

The tabs that hold the plastic covers over the HIDs cracked on a set that I had, and I'm pretty sure that was how the water was getting in there... I used to have to take the housings off the car and dry them out with a hair dryer every time the car got wet.

A little sealant solved that problem.

:D -J

I refinished my lenses using the wet sand method about 2 months ago and now I noticed the condensation inside. Im not sure if it was there before and the lenses were too dull to notice but its only on the drivers side near the marker light.

The lenses look incredible by the way. Used 1200 grit and then 1500 grit and buffed them with chrome polish. Fantastic!

Back