Problems on the road?

jyarosz

Registered
Planning a trip in late april from Michigan to south carolina.(about 900 miles). I have a 96 lsc with 45k miles basically stock with a few bolt ons.I would like to Drive the Lincoln but worried about a breakdown on the road.Where would you go for service? I guess if I had to I could rent a car and carry on,and come back later for the car.What do you guys do?Any suggestions.

If the car is well maintained and has no outstanding issues, I would drive it. Some basic hand tools would be good to pack with things like oil, water, jump box and maybe a spare alternator and serpentine belt.

Firmly agree with Driller's response.

I drove my old '97 all over the country, and notably between MN and Carlisle, PA annually, For years. I think it had something like 144,000 miles on it when I sold it to Eric. Since then, he's driven it to Carlisle (twice?) and all over the southern and western US. (Pike's peak!)

These cars will go the distance. Take care of it, and enjoy the drive. It won't let you down.

Thanks for all the advice guys but I think The Lincolns been nixed.We are going for a wedding and I rented a large house on the beach so the whole family can stay there.The wife started listing all the stuff we need to take and looks like the trucks gonna have to go.

Bummer. A Mark VIII and a beach house is practically the original marketing material. :)

Enjoy the trip, regardless. Pad it with a day on either end if you can, to visit some places en-route. Whiskey tastings.. :D

I miss my Mark really i do. But you know that 1988 Town Car i restored a while back goes everywhere. As long as there is no snow or salt on the ground. Like my friend Dom says. "Look at that trunk you can take the whole house"

I can't fault you there. My old 1986 Town Car is the one I really miss. That was a great, great car. The '99 I had for a while was quieter on the road, but I'd take the '86 over it anytime.

Back