Clear All

• New pair of running shoes

The "before" picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170322_160217.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	476837

Huh.. so that's what they should look like..

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170323_110319.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	476838
    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
    2001 Dodge Dakota

Haha, all smiles though with each tire squeal.

They might appear wider too once mounted. Watch the quarter lip for the first few miles, or better yet, "tuck the tire" with that switchy thingy.
    -------------------
    Markless.

"Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Comment

Showing up at the tire shop with a pair of 19's, and ordering those tires for a "1997 Lincoln" produces all kinds of interesting reactions from the staff.

two different employees asked me to bring the car by the shop once it comes out of storage..
      Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
      2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Hope I didn't do that...lol

Comment

Originally posted by tixer View Post
          The "before" picture.

[ATTACH]13946[/ATTACH]
          Good job!

Right down to the wear bars!
          JP

Comment

I go down until I throw sparks.
            Kirk <My name ^Things I say

-2002 Mercury Grand Marquis

-1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Supercharged 10.980@122.56

Stock Bottom End Mark VIII Recordholder Supercharged Class

sigpic

Comment

That tread will be gone before Carlisle.
              Eric
              -00 Honda Accord (The MPG'er)
              -97 Mark VIII Base (The Row'er)
              -95 Mark VIII LSC (The Go'er)
              -14 Model T touring (The Show'er)
              -Rebuilding the T

Comment

Save the old set for the drag strip

Comment

Don't tell me you're putting all-season tires on that beast Mike...

I just mounted some Nitto 555 G2s on my new wheels. I've heard some good things about them, hoping I like them!
                  -Bryan-
                  1998 Mark VIII LSC - 1990 Thunderbird SC 5spd - 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6L - 1995 Taurus LX 3.8L - 2003 Taurus SEL 24V - 2008 Honda VFR 800

Comment

Originally posted by SCTBIRD1173 View Post
                    I just mounted some Nitto 555 G2s on my new wheels. I've heard some good things about them, hoping I like them!
                    i have those as well. so far. pretty good tires.
                    1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Opal Opalescent on grey, 276/287
                    1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Indigo Lights on black
                    2002 Ford Focus SVT Sonic Blue on black

Comment

Originally posted by SCTBIRD1173 View Post
                      Don't tell me you're putting all-season tires on that beast Mike...
                      Ok, I won't..

I considered going the Nitto route, but the way I drive this car, I needed more tread than that. the 'ol girl got pretty squirrely in a downpour going across Utah last summer.

Of course, I didn't end up in the ditch like that Trailblazer did...
                      Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                      2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

I can't attest to the other Nitto tires, but my nt05r's are horrible on wet pavement. I was at a concert and an unexpected storm blew in... the ride home went from a casual 40min drive to 3 1/2hrs. Anything over 30mph and I was fishtailing. They're great on dry pavement though and I don't like taking the Mark out in crappy weather anyways, just gotta make sure I check the extended weather report.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tixer View Post
                          Ok, I won't..

I considered going the Nitto route, but the way I drive this car, I needed more tread than that. the 'ol girl got pretty squirrely in a downpour going across Utah last summer.

Of course, I didn't end up in the ditch like that Trailblazer did...
                          BOO! I don't like the 3 season compromise you get out of a all season tire just to have what they like to market as "snow traction". I'm not saying the Nittos are the way to go, I've never had Nitto tires before, but there are plenty of summer tires that are amazing in the rain. I used to run Firestone SZ-50's on my SC, which were a copy of Firestone's Indy rain tire, LOVED those tires! Of course like anything else I love they discontinue them.

Originally posted by LSCmuscle View Post
                          I can't attest to the other Nitto tires, but my nt05r's are horrible on wet pavement. I was at a concert and an unexpected storm blew in... the ride home went from a casual 40min drive to 3 1/2hrs. Anything over 30mph and I was fishtailing. They're great on dry pavement though and I don't like taking the Mark out in crappy weather anyways, just gotta make sure I check the extended weather report.
                          Thanks for sharing. Hopefully these are better as the car usually sees rain EVERY year at Carlisle! lol They were recommended to me by Discount Tire Direct, like I told Mike I've never owned Nitto tires before. I would have loved to go with a Michelin Pilot Super Sport or something but I don't have that kind of money to spend on tires.
                          -Bryan-
                          1998 Mark VIII LSC - 1990 Thunderbird SC 5spd - 2005 Explorer Limited 4.6L - 1995 Taurus LX 3.8L - 2003 Taurus SEL 24V - 2008 Honda VFR 800

Comment

Originally posted by LSCmuscle View Post
                            the 05Rs and 555Rs were not designed with rain in mind.
                            the 555 G2s do alright in the rain though. big grooves, soft compound.
                            1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Opal Opalescent on grey, 276/287
                            1995 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC Indigo Lights on black
                            2002 Ford Focus SVT Sonic Blue on black

Comment

Yea, I got the nt05r's in anticipation of a whipple being installed but I've had to keep that project on the back burner a little (actually a lot) longer than I'd like. The car was never intended as a daily driver and I'm lucky if I get to put 1000-1500 miles a year on it.

That being said I'm sure the 555 G2s will be much better in the rain, the nt05r's don't have much of a tread pattern to start with... rain is the main reason I never make it to Carlisle.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X