Thinking about new tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about new tires

So what does everybody like in today's world for a new stock tire replacement?

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...BBCardTireName

This is what I have on mine, got them put on at the end of the summer. I think theyre pretty good, never got stuck in the snow and i have great grip in rain and normal conditions
    http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9faasxk.jpg
    1998 Mark Viii LSC, Black but runny,138k Miles... Still
    The problems I have with this car aren't normal compared to the ones everyone else has

Comment

Originally posted by germansheperd View Post
      So what does everybody like in today's world for a new stock tire replacement?
      Depends on what you want, hot rod function, comfort for nice ride? I have some Falkins on 1 car, and I feel every bump, 2 cars with Michelins, and a nice smooth ride.
      94 MK VIII
      95 MK VIII
      98 MK VIII CE # 87
      04 Chevy PU 3500 4X4

Comment

Those Goodyear tires have a great look to them! As for the Michelins I have never got a bad tire from them. Goodyear, Michelin, and BFG are the ones I typically like. The date code on my tires show they were made in 07 so I want to change them before Carlisle. On this set up I guess I'd want comfort and a good looking tire.

Comment

I had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on my 98 LSC but they were 245/45R18...car was coil spring - lowered, but with the Michelins it drove like the car was stock air ride on 16's....that smooth and quiet. They lasted a long time too.
          I got cheap and went with off-brands when I had them replaced, and the ride suffered....but then came to realize it was the darn 18" Speedline wheels that only seemed to ride well if they had a good quality tire.
          Sold the car and the new owner had full disclosure of the vibration with the new tires.
          The set I kept were Nokian tires from Europe....one thing I will say though is that they handled way better than the Michelins did when driving aggressive, and they went through pouring rain like a Pirelli FULL WET Formula 1 tire does!

remember when it comes to tires....$$$ saved = ride quality lost.

Comment

I've had good experience with Goodyear Eagle GT's. I'm not sure what the latest iteration is but I have them on 3 vehicles in my fleet of Lincolns, one of them being the Navigator. They do well as an all around performance tire and the ride quality is good.
            JP

Comment

All season?

Comment

All season. Something decent if i get caught in a monsoon.

Comment

I just worked a real nice bundle deal with Discount Tire for the Cadillac STS and Chrysler Town & Country.

Staggered Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 for the STS, and 70k mile Bridgestones for the T&C.

I would of put Michelin's back on the T&C, but I believe Wendy will be finally looking at replacing the T&C before the tires wear out in the next 30k miles.

My opinion - Michelin's if you plan on keeping your car. I love the ride and mileage I get out of Michelins. A best price middle of the road name brand if you plan to sell the car.

Mike

The Mark - 98 LSC Generously Modified

Comment

I like the Michelin's too, I've got the Defenders. They ride nice and have great traction. I put them on my green Mark, and the green convertible came with them.

My second choice is the General Altimax that I have on my 97 and black 94.

Bill
                    1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
                    1997 White LSC 135k miles
                    1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
                    1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
                    1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Comment

I had the Altimax on my Town Car. Great "cruising" tires. They were quiet, and rode nicely.
                      Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                      2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Narrowed it down between the Michelins and the Goodyear Eagles.

Comment

I like my continental extremecontact dws on my Flex.

Comment

I ended up going with these at Sams Club this morning. $475 OTD mounted and balanced plus an $80 gift card to Sams Club so I was under $400 all in.
                            So new tires, battery, oil change and I'm ready for Carlisle.
                            Attached Files

Comment

and the car looks great, too.
                              Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                              2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X