Announcement

Collapse

CALL FOR CALENDAR PICS!

It's time to submit pics for the 2019 Lincolns of Distinction Car Club Calendar!

Send me pics of your Lincoln! Any Lincoln. ALL your Lincolns!!

Email them to me at ~

j_a_peters at usa dot net

PLEASE PUT "CALENDAR PICS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!

Please send HIGH RESOLUTION pics, the bigger, the better quality the calendar will be! At an absolute minimum it should be 1200 x 1600.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org...-calendar-pics
See more
See less

donut spare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donut spare

recently hub swapped my Mark 8 to mustang pattern.where is the best place to find a donut spare that will fit the car?

Any 1994+ Mustang spare.
    Most Crown Vic 16" spares as well.
    If you are Cobra front brake swapped, you have to run either the 1994+ Cobra spare or the later CVPI 17" spare.
    If you're not living on the edge, you are using too much space.

Comment

The mini-spare from my old '99 Town Car was aluminum, and the right bolt pattern. Nice and light.
      Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
      2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

I've had luck on eBay finding Cobra spares.
        JP

Comment

Newer town car is the way to go, should still fit in the well and can bolt right on the back with the 11" cobra brakes. Plenty of them out there.
          Eric
          -00 Honda Accord (The MPG'er)
          -97 Mark VIII Base (The Row'er)
          -95 Mark VIII LSC (The Go'er)
          -14 Model T touring (The Show'er)
          -Rebuilding the T

Comment

LKQ sells "used car parts"...they ship cheap too. if you cant order direct from them, your local auto repair shop can. deal with the slight mark up and be done if needed. let them do the leg work so you can have spare time(pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by tixer View Post
              The mini-spare from my old '99 Town Car was aluminum, and the right bolt pattern. Nice and light.
              Does it clear your brake calipers?
              98 Toreador Red Mark VIII LSC (Vortech S trim, Eibach lowering springs, Koni shocks, GT500 radiator, polyurethane suspension bushings, running E85, 4.10, 18" 2000 Cobra R wheels, Wilwood 6 piston calipers, Kooks headers, subframe connectors)
              98 Medium Charcoal Green LSC (Died Oct 25, 2016)

Comment

I'll be honest - I never tried. It lived and died, in the trunk of the Town Car.

Supposedly there's a similar spare in the trunk of my current Mark, but I presume it's more mustang-y. I've been told it will clear the caliper on one end, but not the other. (It fits the rear, I presume.) which is a "good enough" fix for me. If i'm in that kind of need, I can swap two tires, and limp it home.

I should take some photographs, for the good of the people.
                Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Working...
                X