Best tires for MARK VIII?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tires for MARK VIII?

Hi! Would like to get your insights on the following tires. Anyone here who can give some comparison on Nitto Motivo, Toyo Observe Garit KX, and BF Goodrich Advantage T/A tires?

Although I don't have experience with any of these, I'm more than happy to give armchair impressions. Keep in mind I don't know what you've done with your car, where you live, or how you plan to drive it..

The BF Goodrich appears to be the most like the "stock" tire of the three here. if you're mostly stock, and want a good freeway cruiser, that's probably the one.

The Toyo you have listed is heavily siped. It's almost a snow tire. So if you drive year-round, in a snowy place, it looks great.

The Nitto is definitely the performance choice. Note that it's a "summer only" kind of tire. If you are in a snowy climate, you'll need to either store the car, or buy another set of wheels.

There's some fairly recent discussion of this in another thread, here: http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org...bout-new-tires
    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
    2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

I run the BFG tires and they have been working very well. I bought mine at Sams Club and they were approx $470 out the door mounted-balanced including tax last year.

Comment

Toyo Proxes are good tires, but I am particular to Continental ExtremeContact DSW 06's. I am going with those on my new TSW YAS 18x8.5x4.25 Rims. I look forward to having them on the car. 245/45R18

Comment

Working...
        X