My 2015 MKZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2015 MKZ

Black Ice MKZ - 2015 Lincoln MKZ 3.7 V6 AWD in Tuxedo Black and Black/Hazelnut interior

Options: 300hp 3.7 V6, AWD, THX-II audio, sunroof/moonroof, 19" polished 10 spoke wheels/Michelin Pilot Sport tires, motorized trunk, adaptive cruise control, lane departure, self-park aid, Lincoln MyTouch w/SYNC, driver-adjustable enhanced handling package (comfort/normal/sport) front heated and cooled seats, rear heated seats, window tint, remote start.

After its first "home bath". it rained for a few days after I bought it, so that "new car" shine was gone....until now.

I wash, then use "wax-as-u-dry" spray and a 'Absorber' Chamois to dry. I use Eagle One ultra-shine tire shine, and Mothers "Back to Black" aerosol on the lower grill and rear bumper appointments. Funny how I just noticed that only 2/3 of the lower grill is actually "open" to fresh air...must be part of the "grill shutters" set up.

Last edited by BlackIceLSC; 04-22-2018, 10:10 AM.

She's a beauty, that's for sure. I still love the shape of these cars.

I think that's a great interior color combo, too.
    Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
    2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Sure looks familiar.... I like the '16 and up front grill better but I like these rear views better.....Beautiful day here...just might got out and wash mine.
      Bud Pytko
      2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
      2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD CC 4X4 LB
      2007 Arctic Fox 30' 5th Wheel

Comment

Congrats again

Comment

Originally posted by budpytko View Post
          Sure looks familiar.... I like the '16 and up front grill better but I like these rear views better
          Might have been a Type-O but I think you meant '17 and up...the 2016 had the same grill.

After washing it, last Monday on my way home I stopped to fill up the tank...when I pressed the fuel door to release it, Something in the hinge spring broke and now it is very loose. It will not stay shut since there is no tension...after some googling,, I found this happens on a lot of Fords. Thankfully it is covered by the factory warranty.
          I used some strong velcro along the inner edge of the door and inner lining and it stays shut just fine for now.
          I am told that many Lincoln dealers offer pick-up and drop-off services for warranty repairs. I am going to check with my local dealer to see if they do since their hours don't work with my work schedule.

I'll update this when I have an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackIceLSC View Post
            Might have been a Type-O but I think you meant '17 and up...the 2016 had the same grill.
            You are SO correct !

Bud Pytko
            2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
            2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD CC 4X4 LB
            2007 Arctic Fox 30' 5th Wheel

Comment

I have come to learn quite a bit about these cars and the Lincoln experience through a forum not unlike this one, but mostly through a facebook page dedicated to all MKZ's

1)Most Lincoln dealers will go above and beyond for their MKZ clients.
              2) pick up/drop off service is a MUST if a customer owns a 2017-newer and a loaner must be available at NO COST, even if it is coming in for a NO COST repair(warranty/recall) and some do it for 2014-newer (might get lucky)
              3) The car will be washed upon return.
              4)Most loaners are UPGRADES compared to the vehicle brought in.

I have also learned that the car I bought is quite rare actually...around here. In the midwest and on the east coast, it is more common.
              I have a fully optioned 'Reserve" with everything Lincoln offered in a MKZ except a panoramic roof. They did offer a Black Label version with a unique interior that I am not a fan of.
              That sort of makes me feel "lucky" to have found this exact car. I guess 3 months of searching, reading, shopping, learning, asking, dreaming, researching, etc...it really paid off. This car is my "unicorn".

Now for the "bummer". I have found out that I have 1 open recall(steering wheel bolt), 1 open "field service action" (replace them embedded modem) and also my fuel door hinge spring broke (warranty).
              Sadly, the recall and the embedded modem were both "known" problems before I bought the car, while it sat at a Lincoln dealer for over 80 days FOR SALE.

I am going to encourage my local Lincoln dealer to stop up and give me a loaner car to repair these 3 things since a "Lincoln" dealer failed to do so while the car was out of ownership.
              if my local dealer wont step up, I am willing to reach out to the selling dealer and plead my case...I dont mind the drive as long as they can at least take in my car on a saturday and either do it while I wait, and loan me a car for a few hours OR loan me a car for a week since I cannot do this during the week (they are open weekends).

I will follow up when/if I get this resolved. Fortunately, the car is fully functional while I work the logistics out.

Comment

Working...
              X