Things are going down hill!

AmpTrooper

Registered
Well, I fixed my seat. It needed repositioned as the guy who owned it before me was well over 300#s and had the seat moved back. I do however, need to cut some of the new seat frame that they built in order to make it shorter as I feel that I am about to stick through the roof.
I also fixed the Drivers side window by putting in a new motor and took car of some missing screws and whatnots that had been left out from the dealership working on it for so many years. Stupid dealerships!
Anywho, I have been fixing all the little minor things like that as everything else is fine. Well, mostly.......

I knew it was going to need a radiator. I fixed the little leak that it had but, I think it was left too long and has done it's damage. I'll probably replace that myself. Radiators are not very hard to install. Famous last words!!!
So the real problem is this:
Last week I started my car in the rain. It started just fine. Then, it shut right back off. I did this several times before finally stomping on the gas and holding it there for a second. Once I did that it stayed running.
But, I noticed that as I was driving it felt as if the car had plenty of power and then just looses just a little bit of power. So you can kind of feel that it is moving fine and then just for maybe a half a second it slows. Doesn't really slow any but it give me the sensation that it is. I figured because of the rain that it was my distributor cap. So, I went to go get a new cap yesterday. Well, the distributor that is on it is not the original one. That sucks and is probably good too. The "super smart guy" at auto zone said that it looks like a high performance distributor and he has no way of telling which one it is.
So, I was going to take the cap off and check as they are usually marked on the inside or around back where I can't see it but then things changed. It was perfectly sunny yesterday and my Mark VI started doing it again. Would start and then shut right back off. I have to hold the gas for a few seconds to get it running. Then today I started it while sitting in my drive and it backfired. Not loud but it did it just as I turned it off. And it was hard to start again. So, i am thinking my distributor is fine and maybe it is something else. I thought timing because of what it is doing when I drive it but, I am not sure. Could be a lot of things and I can't do a lot of work on it because of my leg and hip. SOOOOOO, I have it scheduled to go into the shop! And deal with their wacky pricing and lack of care for my car. IF THERE IS ONE SPOT ON MY WHITE LEATHER!!!!!!! :mad:
That is unless any of y'all have an idea and it is something I can fix.
Please help before I end up trading her in for that magical Continental on Craig's List!

I know I should have posted this in the "Other" area for older Lincolns but, I figured it wouldn't get much notice there and I need help ASAP as this is my daily driver and it is scheduled for the shop on Thursday at 11am. If, it needs to be moved because it is not a Mark VIII then I fully understand.

Last edited:
Back