99 Conti PATS Transceiver replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Conti PATS Transceiver replacement

I could use some advise from those who know. Pulled the - battery cable, under-dash panel, the bottom steering column cover and the ignition barrel. I find the original transceiver is a different configuration than the part that Ford dealer sold me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2532[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	476655Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2533[1].jpg
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	476656

The existing has a connector and cable that goes to the halo. The new part doesn't.

Not sure if I should go forward.
    99 Continental
    Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.

YW1Z-15607-BA supersedes F8SB-15607-AC and works fine. Torx T20 for the transceiver screw.

Name:	IMG_2521[1].jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	471709Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2523[1].jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	471710Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2526[1].jpg
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	471711Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2528[1].jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	471712Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535[1].jpg
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	471713

The old intermittently functioning transceiver is still under the dash tie wrapped for future use if needed. Contortion on old bones was the worst part.
    99 Continental
    Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.

Comment

So... Success?

Also. re: your seat picture.. "I would like to buy a vowel."
      Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
      2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by tixer View Post
        So... Success?

Also. re: your seat picture.. "I would like to buy a vowel."
        I thought it was success. I went to start it to leave work today and 1st turn of the key failed. Only got the projector. It started the second turn.

Yes, I could use an A.
        99 Continental

Comment

Please & Thanks in advance, could anyone direct me to the location of the PCM on this car? I think I should check the grounds as the intermittent PATS problem is overcome by opening the driver's door and getting in and out of the seat.....I still commute with it 60 miles each way without worry but when it's 110* out, I'd like it to start every time.
          99 Continental

Comment

From what I can google, it is located in the engine compartment on the firewall just left of center as you look from the front of the vehicle.
            JP

Comment

Originally posted by driller View Post
              From what I can google, it is located in the engine compartment on the firewall just left of center as you look from the front of the vehicle.
              I appreciate that. My google results said it was inside on driver's side firewall...I shouldn't search images I guess. So the ground might be the PCM chassis itself? May be chasing my tail.
              99 Continental

Comment

Name:	2008-06-29_233250_hood1.gif
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	471842

Thanks again. I see it now.
                99 Continental

Comment

The no-crank problem became worse over the last 2 days, only able to start with a power probe today. I found a post on a forum somewhere that suggested that if you have a 3rd key (I do) tape it on the column shroud near as possible to the ignition barrel. Starts each turn of the key since in the last 10 attempts. !!?????

Name:	Key.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	471853

Not a proper fix, but I'll take it for now.
                  Last edited by sam60; 07-23-2016, 08:48 PM.
                  99 Continental

Comment

Reminds me of the once popular aftermarket remote start hack where they would put an extra (3rd) key behind the dash so it would be recognized upon power up to allow a remote start.
                    JP

Comment

I hope this will help others for a temporary fix, driller. bulldogsecurity has products that claim to disable the pats but I'll keep trying to find the proper repair.

I need gremlin busters.
                      99 Continental

Comment

Ill leave this here since its a similat part between our cars.
                        https://youtu.be/rTGnxtqwB08
                        http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9faasxk.jpg
                        1998 Mark Viii LSC, Black but runny,138k Miles... Still
                        The problems I have with this car aren't normal compared to the ones everyone else has

Comment

Working...
                        X