2002 Continental

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Continental

Ok guys. All help much appreciated. My ABS speed sensor is out on the 02. Its the left rear. All I'm finding as far as replacement is for the front. Anyone know if the rears are interchangeable with the front or any other vehicles ? Luckily, I'm not due for inspection till Nov ! Thanks, Ellen

You may have to search for a used one.

Comment

Ellen: Check out rockauto.com. They have it listed under speed sensor. Ford product, fourth item down. Only 3 left, $28.79! Good luck.
      On the by, have you tried cleaning the sensor and ring. Many a time, a code will pop up because there is a lot of material on the sensor.
      Andrew
      96 MKVIII Base

Comment

Thanks Andrew but those are the front. I need the rear.

Comment

If the mark viii one will work i could pull it off mine.
          http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9faasxk.jpg
          1998 Mark Viii LSC, Black but runny,138k Miles... Still
          The problems I have with this car aren't normal compared to the ones everyone else has

Comment

I spent an hour or so doing "Internet research" on this one and came up mostly empty, too. If you look up the rear bearings, there's definitely a ring on them. (and no integrated sensor.) You'll have a sensor back there for sure, but yet I cannot find a reference to one being present.

Short of pulling yours and searching it for a part number, (or searching your local parts store based on similarity alone) I don't know what else to suggest..
            Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
            2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Thanks James and Tixer. I may have found 1 on rockauto. Its under electrical. Gonna order and see. It's too damn cold too climb around with it !! Fingers crossed !

Comment

Good luck! This one is a mystery to me, too. 2002 just doesn't feel "old" enough to be hard to find parts for yet..
                Mike Martin

1997 Mark VIII LSC 5.0
                2001 Dodge Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by tixer View Post
                  Good luck! This one is a mystery to me, too. 2002 just doesn't feel "old" enough to be hard to find parts for yet..
                  I thought that too about the marks but you either gotta frankenstein the parts from other cars or buy used
                  http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psc9faasxk.jpg
                  1998 Mark Viii LSC, Black but runny,138k Miles... Still
                  The problems I have with this car aren't normal compared to the ones everyone else has

Comment

Working...
                  X