Wheels

Thanks for your answer - but are you sure? Has the bolt pattern and offset changed between 1984 and 1986?
I've got a shop manual for 1986 and there the offset and the bolt pattern (1.42 resp. 4.5) are the same for the Continental and the Mark VII. As I found wrong information in manuals by Ford many times I'm really confused now ... In addition I think the bolt pattern and the offset won't be the only parameters which define if the wheels will fit?

Last edited:
... could it be that the rims of the 84 Continental are the same as the rims of the 90 Mark VII Bill Blass?

Hi!
Thanks for this offer - I would pay up to $200 for all four ...
But if I would buy them from you the shipping costs will be higher than the price I paid for the Mark - I'm from Germany ...
Thanks for the good idea!

... or do you know about shipping for the four rims without tires? Surface shipping will be the only way, I think.

I think USPS costs are less than $150. But I guessed the weight at 15 pounds per wheel. I will take less than $200 for the wheels.

Last edited:
Oh, no - it took almost a year to find some wheels - and somone in the US who wanted to do this much work ( :eek: which is the shipping to Germany with getting the wheels in the parcels, bring them to the post office and filling out the shipping form :eek: ) for an overseas customer.
You have not to misunderstand - the wheels aren't from jonrgonzalez (he finally hadn't got the right ones) but from a user of another forum (don't know if he's active here, too).
The wheels finally were $40 - and shipping $305 as they had the chance to see the world from above :D

DANG, haha! Atleast you got em right! :D Bet you don't see many Lincoln's that era over there. You should post some pictures for us!

You want it - you get it!

MVII01.jpg

MVII07.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Looks funny with the German style plates, hehe. Are those the wheels you had sent over?

What's up with the front turnsignals and rear hump??? :confused:

That's different from my '91 LSC...

296465_7_full.jpg

296465_5_full.jpg

@J
The laugh is always on the loser ...
No, the wheels I just bought are the turbines from the 89 Mark.

@driller
The front turn signals (I think you speak of the lights near the grille?) were changed in 1990 because of the laws here in Germany. I think you've got integrated turn signal/parking light - here it's not allowed to have yellow parking light so these lights are now used for the turn signal only (Don't know but I think 1990 there wasn't any possibility to get yellowish bulbs here legally ...) and the bulbs for the parking light went into the headlamps - no problem until you want to change the headlamps because they're yellowish ...
You're speaking of the "Continental"? The pre-owner of the car thought there was to many place left, so he decided to do something against - I like it! Our LSC has got the "Lincoln"-hood ornament - not original but here in Germany noone knows ;)

Last edited:
The front turn signals (I think you speak of the lights near the grille?) were changed in 1990 because of the laws here in Germany. I think you've got integrated turn signal/parking light - here it's not allowed to have yellow parking light so these lights are now used for the turn signal only (Don't know but I think 1990 there wasn't any possibility to get yellowish bulbs here legally ...) and the bulbs for the parking light went into the headlamps - no problem until you want to change the headlamps because they're yellowish ...
You're speaking of the "Continental"? The pre-owner of the car thought there was to many place left, so he decided to do something against - I like it! Our LSC has got the "Lincoln"-hood ornament - not original but here in Germany noone knows ;)

That explains it well. Thanks.

Back