Daughter #2 Is Moving To Portland

HOTLNC

Charter Member
Paid Member
Well, this is the final week for Sabrina here in Texas. She moving lock stock and barrel to Portland OR.

The past two months or so I've been doing preventive maintenance on her car, the 95 Cougar listed in my signature. I replaced all the items that were likely to go out while she's 2200 miles away from her mechanic.

The last items I replaced was a perfectly good alternator and battery. Two days after replacing the alternator, she started complaining about the Battery Light turning on. I checked the alternator system and it was charging fine. Several days later she complained again and then told me that the voltage gauge rails past 18V when the light comes on.

I confirmed the alternator was outputting too much voltage due to a defective regulator (built into the alternator.)

The next day, I go to replace the alternator and find it too hot to touch. It was drawing field current over night even though the car was switched off. That drained the new battery.

A replacement alternator fixed that and a battery charger topped off the battery. That was a first for me on a new alternator.

The movers are coming to get her stuff tomorrow. She leaves Sunday morning, driving her car with her drugged out cat, Spicer.

The wife is feeling empty nest syndrome already.

I guess it could be worse -- she was thinking of moving to Hawaii.

I replaced all the items that were likely to go out while she's 2200 miles away from her mechanic.

Sure you did. :p

I am a firm believer of preventative maintenance, but there always seems to be the freak breakdown that will happen sooner or later.

Sure you did. :p

I am a firm believer of preventative maintenance, but there always seems to be the freak breakdown that will happen sooner or later.
Well, the only things I figure that is gonna go out that is not "major" would be the idler and tensioning pulley; the fuel pump; a coil pack; one of the EPA valves/sensors and a billion small parts that I can't think of yet.

<sigh>

Wish her the best of luck with her move and be especially nice to "The One Who Must be Listened To."

Wish her the best of luck with her move and be especially nice to "The One Who Must be Listened To."
Her title is "She Who Must Be Obeyed."

The proper response to any statement: "Yes, Dear."

Hopefully she paid attention while you did all that work, so she can fix it while she's away from home.

it only took tiffany watching me change the plugs twice on her car before she started changing them on her own...she did oil changes too.

Hopefully she paid attention while you did all that work, so she can fix it while she's away from home.

it only took tiffany watching me change the plugs twice on her car before she started changing them on her own...she did oil changes too.
Nope, she'll throw herself on the mercy of a local wrench. She has (had) no interest in DIY.

i wish her the bast of luck as well

just courios you wouldn't know about a husband as wife mark vii couple at denton dragway would ya

Back