Rear Legroom in Crown Vics/Towncars

maxmk8

Registered
Ok I really don't get it.

Officially there are 39.4" of rear legroom in a crown vic.
In a towncar there are 41.4". So about 2 inches more.

I swear my crown vic has at most 36" or so since I have to move my seat up to an UNCOMFORTABLE position every time i have more than 2 back passengers...

Is this the case with town cars also? Or the seats/cabin different in a town car ?!

My friends prius seems to have more back seat LEG room than the crown vic which is quite sad since the crown vic is such a large car.. :(

I think the Town Car has huge seats. I suspect the seats in a Prius are substantially smaller. I'm not sure about a Crown Vic, I suspect they aren't that much different.

At 6' height, I have the front seat in the Town Car almost all the way back. But out of courtesy I will move up a couple inches if a passenger is in the rear. But the Town Car rear seating is pretty comfortable by almost any comparison. When the wife drives, the rear passenger has lots of room since the seat is all the way forward.

Well... that sounds familiar to my current situation. Bummer i was kind of tossing the idea of either a marauder or a TC around in my head. Not saying the rear seats are small but i was hoping TC would be significantly better.

Newer cars seem to have more rear leg space than a crown vic.. ie honda accord/camry. :(. I sat in the back of an accord/camry at a car show with the front seat adjusted for myself and I had plenty of space and my knees were not touching the front seats... (i'm 6'4"). They had no more panthers at the show :(

You can get the "L" model of the Town Car - I thinks it's stretched 6" or so. ;)

How many bodies can you fit in a Prius' trunk?

Let room aside, the TC has a HUGE trunk! At least 3 bodies :eek: Try that with a Prius!

Back