MUSCLE CAR PEOPLE, Is it just me, or is this deal WAY too good to be true?

Countryboy96

Registered
So I was browsing craigslist today, and came across this here muscle car:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3335203771.html

$5000 for ALL that? I'd have that car in my driveway waiting for my buddies at Maaco to fix that paint, and the seller would have 50 Benjamins, if not for one thing: The car has been for sale locally for well over 3 months. It started out priced at 7000, which gradually decreased to the 5000 it is now. According to the owner, it needs to be dyno tuned but still runs great, and is perfect mechanically. Have not seen it but did speak to him on the phone.

I have the money to get it and spend several more hundred to get the paint fixed and get a tune. I want a true muscle car I can enjoy for a few years and then sell without losing money. But why has nobody bought it and copped this steal of a deal in over 3 months? There's plenty of guys around here who love this kind of cars and have a lot more money than me. And old shells of these cars go for half of what this "street & track" ready beauty that "turns head" and only needs about 500 bucks to be perfect is.

(EDIT) The owner also said the car has ZERO rust, this was one of the first questions I asked as it is a 40 year old car.

So, what do you muscle car heads think?

Last edited:
Back