Restoration of my 88 F-150

MindyMark

Registered
I've been in possession of my Grandpa's 1988 Ford F-150 Custom that I remember him buying new in Dec 1987. It's a 4.9 straight 6 with a 5 speed manual 4 X 4. It's been in the family since then, but sat in a barn for roughly 7 years after he passed. I picked it up about two years ago and have slowly been fixing the mechanics on it. I've done fuel pump, plugs, wires, clutch, tie rods, steering shaft, and a push rod. It's currently getting a new steering box, repacked wheel bearings, lower ball joint and a new oil pan gasket.

After all that work is done, I'm shipping it to Mr Bill's Auto Restoration service. I'm providing the parts and he is providing the labor and paint. Here is a list of what he is doing:

· Replace truck bed – remove side molding and tailgate aluminum piece, fill any trim holes. Strip bed railings and coat with a durable coating like Rhino liner. Reuse the Ford OEM bed liner from the original bed.
· Clean under carriage and paint black
· Reseal front windshield and inspect for leaks
· Repair cab corners
· Replace bumpers
· Front rock skirt
· Replace doors (wire up for power door locks, power windows, replace door striker and door hinge pin/bushings)
· Repair driver side floorboard
· Replace seat
· Floor covering – will require modification for the shifter hole.
· Replace any remaining body parts may include but not limited to front fenders, hood
· Minor dent removal – specifically the top of the cab and tailgate, and anything else that’s needed
· Prep/prime/paint to the OEM Red factory color.
· Reapply the OEM vinyl FORD lettering on the tailgate and along the sides

Once this is done, it will be ready for a visit back to the farm where she faithfully served for about 20 years where Grandma and Grandpa can see the truck as they remembered it. I thought I would document the progress here. The work starts on Dec 1st.

IMAG0761.jpgIMAG0762.jpgIMAG0763.jpg

Back