Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a new member

Just bought my Zephyr this week.

I am also looking for photo/poster of the original 36-42 Zephyr.

Doesn't look like we are a major poster yet. How many other Zephyr owners are there on this forum???

RE: Hello from a new member

Hello and welcome !!!
    Looks like you're the first one?!
    Most of us have a Mark VIII, and a few have Navigators. What color combo is your Zephyr? Did you get the THX system?

Comment

Well it's not a stock Zephyr, but it's still one of the most beautiful & valuable Street Rods around. [link:www.supercars.net/garages/Moonracer/187v2.html|Click Here]

Oh, & welcome. I'm sure we all look forward to your opinions of the Zephyr.

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else. - Yogi Berra

Comment

Here is a nice photoshoped Zephyr I found

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1193.jpg

Comment

and here is a older stock one:

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1194.jpg

Comment

Congrats on your new Zephyr and welcome

Comment

Hi! Congrats on your new car, and please post pics.
              Sharon
              98 VIII
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, please post pics.

Congrats on your new ride in World Class Luxury and Performance.
                JP

Comment

Glad to have you on the board.
                  Scott 98 Mark VIII Black/Ivory 108,000 miles
                  My Home Page

sigpic

Comment

I wanted the Dune w/Sand interior. I love the figured Maple on the dash. It is the exact combo that I saw at the auto show that blew me away.

I borrowed a Zephyr with a THX system for a while until the color I wanted was delivered. I have to say that having to press the "I accept" button every time you started the car was getting old. Also, the standard system has a better (I think) sound to it. I have used many aftermarket navigation systems. The nav screens are nice, but the overall function was not what I thought it would be (not for Lincoln)

I am amazed at the value of the Zephyr. You can spend almost as much for a Civic! I couldn't be happier. I grew up with Lincolns in my family. It is good to be home.

Comment

Great hot rod Lincoln!!!!

I acquired a poster from the dealer that is my exact color Zeph. It is a quality, high-gloss, one (and the only one the dealer got). I have it in a special spot in my garage. I need a classic Zeph to complement it. I looked through some of the other sites and didn't come up with anything.... I know someone has a choice poster I can buy. I've seen many over the years at shows.... Just wish that I knew then what I know now (yea, that's what we all say)......

Comment

Greetings from another new member. Empahsis on "new" since my Zephyr isn't even in my posession yet. It will be silver with the light stone interior. I ordered it in mid-January. This will be my second Lincoln. I found the site yesterday and have enjoyed reading the posts. I think the Mark's are beautiful cars and could easily have one in my stable some day. So, it's fun to see the many posts from Mark owners.

Comment

Welcome!

I'm glad to see some new blood coming in here with this new model. I've looked at the zephyrs and i like them, i pass one in the parking lot every day and i think it looks sharp. The mazda platform they're building it on is not too shabby to begin with.
                          -Dave
                          '98 BMW 528i
                          '00 Ford F150 4x4
                          - Former (multiple) Lincoln Owner -

Comment

You'll enjoy it!!! However, folks don't seem to know what it is..... I've had people call it a T-bird, Buick, and a few other things. Guess the subtle styling lends itself to question....

I am planning (already started) on making a tissue/trash bin to go between the console & the back seat. I found a place where I can get the figured maple that matches the original in the dash. I'll post a picture when I finish. That is about the only "modification" that I can see wanting (except I should have gotten the HID lights).

As you begin to settle into your Zeph, I'd be interested to hear if there is anything you'd add. I've never had a car that is this perfect right out of the box!

Oh, and if Lincoln is listening....... I really would like the passenger seat to recline more fully.... My wife has been sick and that is a huge issue for her..... Hint, Hint!

Comment

WELCOME NEW ZEPHYR OWNERS!
                              JP

Comment

Working...
                              X