New computer, help please with word/excel!

Trixie

Staff member
So, my computer totally crashed the other night. Took it to geeksquad cause no help here at home, and just got new computer and had them transfer files. Well, not everything transfers over, and I cannot remember so much stuff that I had, like word and excel. I have a code here but it's an old one and I can't get it to work.

This is pretty important -- is there a way to get Word/excel free? Or what do I need to do?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I have to reset everything now back to how I like it, don't know where my favorites went, even had to do a search to find this site, lol.

Overall though, I have to say I'm really happy with them, so far at least, since I still have all my e-mail on aol and have it saved, they went and found it all (I knew it was an easy file, but hard to find cause it's so easy, took them an extra day, but at least I have all my information -- I save all kinds of important info on there that I need to access for taxes, etc. - stop laughing I've used it since 1/2000. :p )

Any help appreciated. Not even sure whether I'm stuck with Norton anymore, and if not, forgot what to use (Avast?)....

TIA!

Back