Beowolf in 3D

maxmk8

Registered
Ok the only reason to watch this movie is to get the 3D experience it is pretty bad... if I just watched this on the regular screen I would have probably walked out... but in 3D it was pretty cool.

Great animations... terrible plot and plain stupid at points ... when the Beowulf decides to fight NAKED all the time for example ... sigh...

C for the 3D exprience.
D for the overall movie.

Last edited:
What, you did not like the naked CGI Angelina Jolie with the Barbie doll vaginal area.

Ok the only reason to watch this movie is to get the 3D experience it is pretty bad... if I just watched this on the regular screen I would have probably walked out... but in 3D it was pretty cool.

Great animations... terrible plot and plain stupid at points ... when the Beowulf decides to fight NAKED all the time for example ... sigh...

C for the 3D exprience.
D for the overall movie.
According to the poem, he won because he fought naked. That was the only way to defeat the Grendel. Swords didn't effect him.

According to the poem, he won because he fought naked. That was the only way to defeat the Grendel. Swords didn't effect him.

That is debatable by scholars, from my recollection all it said was that he did not use his sword or shield and fought with his bare hands but nothing about being in the buff.

to bear a sword or a broad shield,
a yellow battle-board, but with my grip
I shall grapple with the fiend and fight for life
foe against foe. (ll. 433-40)

He knows no arts of war, no way to strike back,
hack at my shield-boss, though he be brave
in his wicked deeds; but tonight we two will
forgo our swords, if he dare to seek out
a war without weapons (ll. 681-5)

The story is terrible and not very adventurous...
Amen to that.

I'm "reading" a translation in an audio book -- as if someone who been there, is telling the story. The story is extremely hard to follow as the story teller switches between dreams, past events and throws in names so fast that you quickly loose track of who's head you are currently in.

I was under the impression that the Grendel could only grip an enemy if he was wearing clothing/Armour.

This is a case where the movie is better than the book.

Beowulf the Gert -- What country does Gert's come from?

Beowulf the Gert -- What country does Gert's come from?

From Wikipedia

Beowulf is a legendary Geatish hero and later king in the Old English epic poem named after him, the oldest surviving piece of literature in the English language.

Beowulf is an Old English heroic epic poem of anonymous authorship. This work of Anglo-Saxon literature dates to between the 8th[1] and the 11th century, the only surviving manuscript dating to circa 1010.[2] At 3183 lines, it is notable for its length. It has risen to national epic status in England.[3]

In the poem, Beowulf, a hero of the Geats, battles three antagonists: Grendel, who is attacking the Danish mead hall called Heorot and its inhabitants; Grendel's mother; and, later in life after returning to Geatland (modern southern Sweden) and becoming a king, an unnamed dragon. He is mortally wounded in the final battle, and after his death he is buried in a barrow in Geatland by his retainers.

Geats, Geatas, Gautar, Goths[1], Gotar, Gøtar, Götar were a North Germanic tribe inhabiting Götaland ("land of the Geats") in modern Sweden. The name of the Geats also lives on in the Swedish counties of Västergötland and Östergötland, the Western and Eastern lands of the Geats, as well as in many toponyms.

Back