No one posts here.

I was looking around and I noticed that no one posts here. I wonder why that is. Well, I'm not much for TV and movies, but I do tend to read quite a lot and of course I listen to music when I'M driving my Mark.
I would like to talk about music and "literature" with anyone who would like to do the same. I'm not going to write too much today until I check tomorrow to see if anyone actually read and / or responded to this post.
I think that I like a rather broad spectrum of genres in either catagory, but I would have to say that my favorite musician is Stevie Nicks and my favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. If you are interested in discussing this further, please leave a post. I am only online from about 10 pm to 1 am so I may not answer promptly, but I will respond.

lol I posted a bunch of movie reviews in here... I see pretty much everything new that comes out.

Yeah, actually I think this forum was originally created because Max was posting reviews on like every movie there was that was out. ;) I don't go out to movies anymore so I'm way behind the times, sometimes I don't even recognize the names when the movies are on cable.

I am interested, although I'm no Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac fan (I like them, but nothing special), I'm more into heavy metal or other classic rock. I love to read, but haven't read in ages. Have a stack of books, and FINALLY got new glasses, but have been otherwise occupied. I mostly love Sci Fi/Fantasy, but read all kinds of things.

Gaming: I used to play many of the gaming systems, RPG's being my faves. Online I do all kinds of games from Big Fish, and I also play Civ IV on occasion, alone though.

I was in a book club at work which was a lot of fun. Wonder if we could make that work online?

Oh, I think my favorite book (I hate picking favorites) is To Kill a Mockingbird.

I will be sure to write further tomorrow, I just wanted to check if someone had actually read this before I went to sleep. I have a good recommendation for you on a fantasy series I just completed Trixie. I'll:big-grin: extrapolate in a few.

The Wheel of Time

The Wheel of Time

Ok Trixie, the series of novels, which are referred to by the author Robert Jordan as "High Fantasy" is called The Wheel of Time. These books (there are 12 in the series, only 11 have been released as yet) are without a doubt the very best modern fiction that I have ever read. They are so much more than your typical "sword and sorcery" fantasy novels that I almost cannot even begin to ennumerate the differences. These books are literally like some sort of addictive drug. once you begin reading the series, everything else in your life seems to be of somewhat less importance. When I began reading them, I believe that only books one through five had been released, with a new installment coming every year to 18 months. During the time while I was waiting for the next book to be released, I was in agony with anticipation. I do not exaggerate. I read a rather diverse array of subject matter; from victorian romance to politcal history, and I enjoy it all. Nothing however, no media at all, be it books, television or movies, has ever had me in such a thrall as the Wheel of Time. You must read it.

OK, will add that to the list. :) And I am one of those people who once I start a good book can't put it down, so if I'm MIA soon you'll know why.

Actually I go on author kicks sometimes. For a while I read anything I could find by Philip Dick, those were awesome books. Esther Friesner is also a favorite of mine, I love her humor. Political satire is another thing I can't get enough of. When I was younger I was more into SF, especially all things Heinlein, now I do go for more fantasy than SF. I'd like to read a more diversified selection, but I never know what to get, and now I just have so many unread books on my nighttable I'm not sure even where to start.

Back