should i ?

my1995mark8

Registered
read alot about boc from you guys and older posts. im thinking about getting the SCT eliminator performance chip for my 95 mark viii, bone stock except an exhaust system. http://www.blueovalchips.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2
i want to eventually get the kooks headers but $800 is really expensive. i would like to get the chip in the future, probaly in a year or so. is it worth the money like you guys said in the other posts? if so ill get one and see what this beast can really do :D the mods i want to do are 3.73 gears, headers, x-pipe and eventually the chip. anyone recommend a good x-pipe for my 95? i have an aftermarket custom exhaust on it, no brand names on it except the mufflers (flowmaster 40 series), would like to get an x-pipe to increase power and torque. oh and i just went thru the boc site, saw underdrive pulleys too :)

Last edited:
Even if you keep your car stock I HIGHLY recommend a chip. You can also send it back for re-tune later for only $50.

Your car will drive completely different with a tune.

hmm sounds like a good idea about keeping it stock for now and getting the chip; that way ill save up more money for upgrades. thanks j

Even if you keep your car stock I HIGHLY recommend a chip. You can also send it back for re-tune later for only $50.

Your car will drive completely different with a tune.

+1, but make sure everything is tuned, all maintenance done and working properly first.

You can also send it back for re-tune later for only $50.

i would be cautious quoting prices for BOC.
i dont think he does "reburns" for only 50.00.

now this guy will expect lonnie to stand behind a price quote that lonnie didnt even make.

"i was told it was only 50.00"....

Strange, I didn't get any notification there was a post here. Anyways, a reburn for one of my customers with a mild NA setup is only $40. It's the wild setups and or a different octane that are slightly more.

And they are correct in that you need to make sure everything is in good working order before reprogramming. It will be a totally different drive. With the Marks, reprogramming is about the cheapest bang for the buck. Granted UD pulleys do help but the gain isn't as much. Next would be gears but unless you have the tools and know how the install and supporting parts don't make it a cheap upgrade.

Always quick to jump down my throat. Apology accepted. MAYBE, I just talked to Lonnie the day before I posted that?

Well he was right, he don't do them for $50, he does them for $40, you got jacked $10 ;)

Back