FS: Mark VIII IRS Sub-Frame Bushing Kits

Road and Track Results

Road and Track Results

Tested on my '95 SC

ROAD

My car is already setup pretty stiff. H&R Springs, Koni Shocks (set + 1 1/2 turns from full soft), Delrin IRS Bushings, 1 3/8" bars F&R.

Even so, I was expecting a fairly dramatic change, and a noticeable increase in NVH. However, the change wasn't all that much. There is a slight increase in harshness over expansion joints and the like, and a little more mechanical noise, but not much. I would have no issue using these mounts on a daily driver.

I made the round trip to Englishtown (70 mile round trip) today on DR's, so I didn't push too hard in the corners, but it did feel more stable. I'll take a road trip later this week on my street tires, and push a little harder.

TRACK

On 3/10/2010 @ Englishtown, I had my best previous results. The DA that night was -912 feet.

My best ever 60' was 1.765
My best ever ET was 12.925

Today I went to Englishtown again. The DA today ranged from -685 to -558 feet.

I made no changes to my car, other than the UHMW sub-frame mounts.

Same tune, gas (Exxon 93), tires (MT 275/40-17 DR's), tire pressure (20 lbs.), and the same launch RPM (3,500).

My new best 60' is 1.742, and another 1.759
My new best ET is 12.879, two others were 12.921 and 12.913

So, in worse conditions, I picked up .023 on the 60' and bettered my previous 1/4 mile time by .046.

Most noticeable was the lack of drama during shifts. Previously, the car sort of shimmied when I shifted, today I felt none of that.

I'm quite pleased with the early results. I think with more passes I can improve even more, now that the car is planted better.

Last edited:
All kits that have been paid for are shipping in the morning via USPS Priority.

Only 1 kit remaining from this batch. Then it will be quite some time before another batch is available.

I'm going to order the materials to make another batch, which should be ready to ship in late May.

The price will be $400 shipped (lower 48).

However, I'll offer a pre-order discount of $50 to anyone who pays in full (using the PayPal personal tab to avoid the fees), before the end of April.

Well, I'm not going to make any more of these until someone orders a set.

I can't afford to invest $400 + in materials and hardcoating, spend days making these, just to have them sit around. :(

So, the first person who orders a set will get them for $350 (paid via the PayPal personal tab), about three weeks after they make payment, and all others will have to pay $400.

The first person who orders a set will get them for $350 (paid via the PayPal personal tab), about three weeks after they make payment, and all others will have to pay $400.

I've received an order, so this deal is off the table.

Sets will be ready to ship in 2-3 weeks. When they're ready, I'll put up a web page for ordering.

I've made another batch of these, 1 set is sold, 4 are currently available.

If I make another batch in the future, the price will be going up to $450 as these are a complete PITA to machine, so this is your last chance to get them at this price.

NOTE: These are not stock style rubber replacement mounts. They are designed for performance applications, as NVH will be adversely affected. You will feel, and likely hear, more than you would with the stock mounts.

$400 shipped (lower 48).

Click HERE to order.

** Sale - Reduced Price **

** Sale - Reduced Price **

Until October 31st, I'll offer these for only $375 shipped (lower 48).

Click HERE to order.

So you're saying you didn't get my PM about wanting a set before the sale was over....??

Free bump. :D

The last set has been sold!

I'm going to order more material and make another batch, but the price is going up to $425 shipped (lower 48).

If anyone wants to pre-order a set, I'll honor the $400 shipped (lower 48) price until the next batch is ready to ship (2-3 weeks).

Click HERE to pre-order.

I've just ordered the material for the next batch, so you've got about two weeks to purchase a set at the old price.

doug, i have a big tax refund coming in 8 to 10 days, i did my taxes today. i want to swap out my 3:73's for 4:30's and i am going to, this would be the perfect time to replace the bushings, do you have any knuckles ready to go into a mark? if so, what kind of deal could we work out, if you are interested, i have 2 left and 2 right stock knuckles i could ship to you in partial trade, i'd also be interested in a set of lower C.A's ready to go too. i could send you my old ones after i swap them. i want to rebuild the whole rear end when i do the gears so it would be the smart thing to do. let me know what you think. if you want to talk on the phone tell me and i'll give you my cell if thats easier. thank you.

doug, i have a big tax refund coming in 8 to 10 days, i did my taxes today. i want to swap out my 3:73's for 4:30's and i am going to, this would be the perfect time to replace the bushings, do you have any knuckles ready to go into a mark? if so, what kind of deal could we work out, if you are interested, i have 2 left and 2 right stock knuckles i could ship to you in partial trade, i'd also be interested in a set of lower C.A's ready to go too. i could send you my old ones after i swap them. i want to rebuild the whole rear end when i do the gears so it would be the smart thing to do. let me know what you think. if you want to talk on the phone tell me and i'll give you my cell if thats easier. thank you.

PM Sent.

Are you also interested in the Sub-Frame Mounts?

I now have 4 kits ready to ship from this batch.

The price goes up to $425 shipped (lower 48) on Feb 1st!

NOTE: These are not stock style rubber replacement mounts. They are designed for performance applications, as NVH will be adversely affected. You will feel, and likely hear, more than you would with the stock mounts.

I'll sell the last two sets for $350 shipped (lower 48) if paid via PayPal personal.

This is it, there aren't going to be any more of these made by me, ever.

Back