K Member to chassis/body bolts,

cobra98lsc

Registered
What size socket and type is this... i wonder if all my knocking and steering always going crooked is caused by loose cradle to chassis bolts?
Seems now i remember the dealer tightening these on my car 2 different times under warranty

Can the K member and steering shift around if they are loose? or is it pinned in with some form of mounts?

RE: K Member to chassis/body bolts,

You mean the bolts holding the k-member in? Yea, all kinds of things will happen if those are loose. Check them, and if they're loose pull them out one at a time, load them up with red loctite, and put them back in.

Use a 15mm six point socket. The are reverse torx, but a 6 point will work as well.

Going to tighten them tonight and see if they are loose.

I had the car at Ford today also and the guys kinda checked it out off the books and all came to same conclusion.. something is moving.

Either its the rack or the whole K Member.

Guess if it doesnt drive right after all this i will part with the car and move on :( :(

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Going to tighten them tonight and see if they are loose.I had the car at Ford today also and the guys kinda checked it out off the books and all came to same conclusion.. something is moving.Either its the rack or the whole K Member.Guess if it doesnt drive right after all this i will part with the car and move on :( :(
[/div]

I'd go with a loose rack. I rebuilt my entire front end, and it was still klunking. I got the rack tightened, and it went away.

Welp i just tightend every bolt on the car except the connecting rods and main caps and about to go for a drive,, rack was really tight bushings are new for rack also, but i tightened them with my foot and 2 foot cheater bar anyway.. now everything is at 400 ft lbs!! LOL.

Thanks for tips i will post results.

Welp, feels better overall couldnt hurt tightening up stuff.
K Members
LCA bolts
Rack
Sway bar endlinks

Who knows maybe just a good alignment will get it right now..

Back