Raced an LS1 Trans Am

jnicklo

Registered
I was on my way home from the Pool hall, cruising on I95 when I see Trans Am headlights behind me.

He was coming up fast so I decided to try and match his speed....

Eventually we were side by side, tried to bait him into a race by speeding up. He quickly took the bait and hit the gas.

Then we were side by side again at 70mph.

I see him move so I hit the gas, at WOT we were dead even up until 110 where he proceeded to walk right by me.

Then we went again from 90mph and the outcome was a little different, I stayed next to him until 120 where he began to pull away again.

Even so it was my very first loss in the Mark VIII, I am VERY happy w/ this car's top end. It makes me want to get some mods even more now.

RE: Raced an LS1 Trans Am

are you foreal? you would know better then me about this, but isn't that a LOW 13sec car?

I just dont know how something like that can happen.

Believe it.

1/4 mile racing is all about getting off the line, something that needs a lot of improvement in our Marks. Once we get rolling, we can hang with the best of them.

Kale

I Guess I’m going to have to mess with a few of those during my College commute on the freeway.

He said he got walked, why would you call BS? LOL.

I raced one of these on the highway last summer. He promptly walked me. Then about a 1/4 mile down the road a cop was behind me with the lights on. I started to pull over, then he saw the red T/A. He went for the T/A. :) :) I call that a win for me.

20mph-100mph my car screams. It takes a fast car to outrun pull on me. At the 1/4 mile lesser cars take me off the line and I have a really tough time catching up to them. These cars are super pigs off the line.

A stock Mark should get trashed by a LS1 TA :).

Hell, my very lightly modd'd one gets beat up by my coworkers automatic Porsche 928s.

We won't talk about comparing it to my C5.

But hey.. You know how much I like Transams? I traded one (was an LT1 w/6spd, about 16k miles) with low miles for my current Mark 8 about 5 years ago :). <G>.

A stock Mark should get trashed by a LS1 TA :).

Hell, my very lightly modd'd one gets beat up by my coworkers automatic Porsche 928s.

We won't talk about comparing it to my C5.

But hey.. You know how much I like Transams? I traded one (was an LT1 w/6spd, about 16k miles) with low miles for my current Mark 8 about 5 years ago :). <G>.

[/quote]

I'm sory but you traded a lt1 trans am for a mark.. I mean I love the mark but somethings wrong with this picture here. and a 6 speed to top it all off?

I'm sory but you traded a lt1 trans am for a mark.. I mean I love the mark but somethings wrong with this picture here. and a 6 speed to top it all off?

At the end of the day he was driving a pontiac with a buckboard ride, no interior space, no back seat, and difficult ingress and egress.

Now he's driving a lincoln.

Good trade.

At the end of the day he was driving a pontiac with a buckboard ride, no interior space, no back seat, and difficult ingress and egress.

Now he's driving a lincoln.

Good trade.

sweeeeeeeeet

94 Mark VIII, Black / Black
dynoed at 247.5hp / 259.7ft-lb!

And, for about $500 and a bottle of rum he could put the spank on the TA, too.

'98 Pristine Pearlescent LSC
'93 V-10 Twin Turbo Money Pit (The MonsterMark)
'93 Collecting Dust
Bryan

Back