Red whore hp numbers

Ponyfreak

Registered
I am bored here in the hotel and was looking through a number of hp calculators. The calculator on corral had the lowest numbers so I figured I would post it.
http://www.corral.net/tech/

n/a---289rwhp

Initial Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
WEIGHT 3930 pounds
TRAP SPEED 101.52 mph
E/T 13.89 seconds
Dyno Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
Total Horsepower 328 bhp
Horsepower Used 289 bhp
Best E/T 13.33 seconds
Fuel Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
Specific Fuel Consumption 164.01 pounds/hour
Fuel Pump Capacity 98.41 liters/hour
Optimal Fuel Pump Capacity 118.09 liters/hour
Injector Flow Rate 23.58 lb/hr Injectors

With the NAWWWWSSS--380rwhp

The Corral: Engine Dyno
Initial Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
WEIGHT 3930 pounds
TRAP SPEED 111.57 mph
E/T 12.69 seconds
Dyno Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
Total Horsepower 435 bhp
Horsepower Used 380 bhp
Best E/T 12.13 seconds
Fuel Readings
READING OUTPUT UNITS
Specific Fuel Consumption 217.70 pounds/hour
Fuel Pump Capacity 130.62 liters/hour
Optimal Fuel Pump Capacity 156.74 liters/hour
Injector Flow Rate 31.29 lb/hr Injectors

Those numbers seem pretty realistic.

I just wish I would have got some numbers with the water pump and plugs on before she died,

RE: Red whore hp numbers

>>> Injector Flow Rate 31.29 lb/hr Injectors

Joe, does that mean that it would be wise to upgrade the injectors for the 125 shot ???

There prety darn close that's for sure.

I know Irvings car (The one we fed kooks for the headers) Dynoed 30hp and 15ft/lbs!!

SO that calculator should be within 10 I would say.

NAAWWWSSSSSS = you made me fall off my chair laughing!!!

FATF Lingo eh?

LOL

YOu do not have to upgrade injectors with a 125 dry shot. Although you are running pretty thin on a 175 dry with 24lb'rs though. THe reason for this is when you hit the Nitrous it bumps the fuel pressure up to around 65lbs with the 125 shot. That is how you get the additional fuel to add with the nitrous to create the correct a/f ratio. With a 175 shot I would guess that the fuel pressure would be bumped up to around 75psi. So I know for a fact that you can get away with a 125 dry and stock injectors and a walboro 255, and a mildly modified engine. If I could have shot a 175 dry with the same setup, I do not know. I might have gone too lean.

Forgot to add that the pintle style injectors we have are rated at 24lb/hr @ 40psi.

A 24lb/hr injector will support the same amount of HP as a 35lb/hr injector at 85psi. A 35lb/hr injector is capable if supporting 453 bhp at 95% duty cycle.

So that is cutting it too close for a 175 dry shot. Looks like a 150 might be all you can spray with 24lb'rs.

Ok then....

So, at what point in your upgrades do you need to look at upgrading the injectors? I was loking at stepping up to 30#/hr, but not until I'm ready to add NAWS....

Oh, and Geno, I'm still thinkin' of getting a Venom kit, just not quite sure when.

You will need to upgrade injectors if you run a NOS 175 dry shot. I would go with either NOS or nitrous express. Those are the only two companies I would trust. THey have been used over and over again, and have quality solenoids that people rarely have problems with. However they are not as easy to install as the ZEX kits.

Back