'97 LSC For Sale - $3000

johnaec

Registered
OK - First things first - I've set the price this low because this was a salvage vehicle, but repairs were done very well, (I think it likely could have been first repaired instead of salvage titled, but in CA, if the insurance company buys it back, it has to be licensed as "salvage"). It was hit in the left side, but not enough for any frame damage. It had a new front left fender and door skin, and the left rear quarter panel was repaired. The car is Evergreen with the Prairie Tan interior. Some of the clear-coat on the hood and trunk overspray from the side repair was starting to turn "milky", but I sanded and re-applied several coats of clear, and it's hardly noticeable now - it came out really well. There are no dings on the car at all, though there are some small paint chips here and there on the bumpers, and a partial "punch-through" about 2" dia on the rear bumper that can easily be repaired, (I backed into another vehicle's exhaust pipe). It also has an ASC moonroof that works fine.

I bought it at 38K miles, and it now has 98K. It also has a "Ford Quality Renewal" engine in it, so the engine definitely has less mileage than the car. I've only ever used synthetic oil in it, ('just changed it again less than 100 miles ago, with Mobil 1 15,000 mile synthetic oil and filter), and it's never been raced or even floored. As a matter of fact, I've only had it above 3K rpms probably less than a dozen times, and never even over 4K rpm. The engine runs absolutely perfect - it really is in mint shape. It's been totally babied.

There are no serious issues at all with the car. All the electronics work perfectly, and being from CA, there's no rust anywhere on the car. The front end is starting to creak at times when it gets warm out, so it will probably need ball joints or bushings at some time in the future, though it still drives like it's on rails, and there's no play yet in the ball joints. Alignment and tire wear is perfect - the steering almost "snaps" back to center - there's no hesitation at all. No driveshaft vibration at all. The gas tank is a little dented underneath from a piece of wood that bounced up under it on the highway.

The suspension has no leaks at all, (it will stay up for weeks), and it has a Ford factory new compressor, installed last year. Wheels are true Ford SVT 17x7 Cobra R's, with BFG Comp T/A 245/50R17 tires, with about 75% tread left. New rear pads and rotors were also installed last year, and new rotors and pads will be on the front in a couple days.

Other than the latch on one side of the ashtray, ('needs to be re-sprung), the interior is just about perfect, except for normal wear on the driver seat. Front LSC floormats are included. The cup holder is still perfect, and the 10 CD changer works fine. I also have an extra CD cartridge. There are two regular keys and fobs, plus the valet key. I also have the complete set of printed factory service manuals, including the EVTM, and the owners manual and case.

The neon light works fine, and has been specially sealed against moisture. Most of the electronic sensors on the engine, (MAF, ECT, IAC, TPS, PCV, etc.), were replaced less than 2 years ago, when I was tracking down a fast idle problem that only turned out to be a loose ground. It will have a new smog certificate this week.

The $3000 is FIRM - I don't want to haggle and will keep it if it doesn't go for that. The ONLY reason I'm selling this car is because I need to get a small van, and I'm keeping my '96 T-Bird, which I bought new.

Honestly, this car is a steal! 'Completely reliable as a daily driver, or an inexpensive car if someone wants to make a hotrod. I wouldn't hesitate to walk out right now and drive it across the country and back - everything works, and nothing's about to go out. You can't expect a $3000 vehicle to be a show car, but you definitely won't be embarassed driving it - it's in far better condition than many Mark VIII's I've seen.

I also have a number of spare parts available that I will sell to the buyer for an additional $400 total, or individually, (car buyer has first choice). These include:

2 spare headlight assemblies, with one HID in one and another HID bulb still new in the box.

A spare rebuilt steering rack still in the box, which I picked up because it was such a good deal, if eventually needed.

A new in the box, reinforced by Mark Darrah, (m_darrah), replacement blend door arm, (the current one is still working fine).

New spare left and right outside door handles.

New float for the gas tank, (it sometimes doesn't read quite full when it really is).

New rear upper shock mounts, (the current ones are still quiet).

I still have to wash the car and get some current pics - I'll have them up within a few days, but wanted to get this posted.

If no one here is interested, it will go up on craigslist and other local sites.

John
[link:www.goldengatemark8.com|Golden Gate Mark VIII Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

RE: '97 LSC For Sale - $3000

Sorry to hear it John, but I'm not surprised it sold so quickly.

RE: '97 LSC For Sale - $3000

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Sorry to hear it John...
[/div]'Ya never know - I'll always have my eyes open for another, should circumstances allow. I've never come across a car that suits my style more - they just don't make 'em...

John
[link:www.goldengatemark8.com|Golden Gate Mark VIII Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Back