Chip for Sale

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
LMS PowerMax Performance chip from 1993 Mark VIII, code W3Z2.

$125 shipped to card carrying member. :)

From the LMS site:
The Staple of ANY Mark VIII performance formula is the computer program. Our program features REAL world gains,but most of all REAL world ALL-AROUND driveability and REAL world power! Driveability is first and foremost and this is where our six years of engineering the best programs on the planet for the Mark VIII really shines!

You can expect in the 93-95 models a solid gain of 12-14 RWHP (approximately 22-24 gross) and the 96-98 models will see 10-12 and both with a 15% increase in torque along with firmer shifts which now occur at a peak rpm. With the 93-95 version you can expect a 1.5 to 3 mpg increase from just the chip alone while the 96-98's will see 1 mpg better! The better shift charichteristics will also increase the longevity of your 4R70W just because of the simple fact that your "eliminating" virtually 90% of the slip between gear shifts. The rev limiter is also raised on all Mark VIII applications as well.

RE: Chip for Sale

JP, can you tell us, what "REAL WORLD" improvements did you notice with LMS's chip?

can you tell us what improvements you saw on the drag strip(poor man's dyno)???

Thanks.

I only had the Tazzo Vehicle Performance Computer to verify seat of the pants results. Here's my notes...

K&N Panel Filter
Drilled airbox
Intake resonator removed
1-2 Accumulator upgrade
Mercon V
B&M SuperCooler Transmission Cooler
20 spokes w/ Michelins
10/23/2002
60 foot - 2.35(OD&TC off) / 2.44(OD&TC on)
0-60 MPH - 7.44(OD&TC off) / 7.95(OD&TC on)

10 spokes w/ Continentals
6/21/2003
60 foot - 2.55(OD&TC off) / 2.63(OD&TC on)
1/8 ET - 10.40(OD&TC off) / 10.58(OD&TC on)
1/8 MPH - 72.00(OD&TC off) / 70.80(OD&TC on)
77F @ 80% humidity @ 1500 feet elev.

LMS chip
LMS Icebox
10 spokes w/ Michelins
10/13/2003(OD&TC off)
60 foot - 2.42
1/8 ET - 10.14
1/8 MPH - 74.1
62F @ 72% humidity @ 2100 feet elev.

Boy, looking back, that sure seems slow. :+

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I need to check the code on my computer but if my codes match i want dibs
[/div]

Look here... http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=17

The computer is located just to the right of the e-brake pedal assembly under the dash. Remove the plastic shroud under the dash to access. You should see the computer sitting on edge in a bracket with the harness connection opposite the firewall. On the bottom of the bracket is a big plastic 'clip' retaining the computer to the bracket. Remove the clip and pull the computer out slightly away from the firewall, then down and away from bracket. You do not need to disconnect the harness from the computer. The code will be on a label on the computer case. Write down the code and then put everything back together! :)

Sorry, it's definitely W3Z2,

Hey! You can buy raffle tickets for $5 for a new SCT chip! :)

That was slick you managed to tell me no and throw in a gratuitous plug. J/K sucks that it is the wrong part though

Back