antenna

catmech

Registered
tried to replace my antena mast today with horrible results. i think im missing a part inside the coiling assembly. has anyone taken these apart. i think there is supposed to be a guide wheel where i just have a post to push the cable onto the gear but im not sure.

If you didn't get the entire cord out, you won't have any luck installing the new one. Check the lengths on the old/new antenna's to see if they are the same length.

the previous owner had the mast already and the old cord had been removed. i think he went into the assembly and i dont know if he might have lost an internal part. the cord is in correctly but when it operates it sounds like the cord is barely catching the gears. like not enough pressure is being applied on the cord at the squeeze point inside the assembly. it is almost like there should be a roller instead of the thin rod i have just sticking up at this point inside the assembly.

Thats What I Think.the Motor Is Good So That Wont Be An Issue. I Just Need The Mechanical Part Of The Assembly.

Back