broke motor :(

7 sek mark

Registered
yep its done for i was comming homw from work tonight and it started running real rough. so i pulled into a dark church parking lot and poped the hood and could hear something inside the valve cover. so i limped home about 2 miles and pulled the driver side valve cover up and there laied my rocker arm. so its done for this time while i have a bit of money im going fully built N/A.

im not sure what all is broke as i cant get the valve cover all the way off but i got the pass side up enough to pull the rocker out. so im going tomorro to get my probe on the road and taged untill i can get the motor for the mark together. i had ben talking about building a motor for a while so i guess this is the push that i needed lol.

RE: broke motor :(

so i got the valve cover off and got excited to see no bent valve! then i went to do a leak down test and pulled the plug out and it was mauled.x( so im looking at building a motor.

i need some ideas on what all should go into it. im pretty sure i want a stroker kit and i know i want cams and will do head work. this will be my dailey driver so i dont want to go to wild but i would like about 400-450hp when all said and done. I want good stuff but i dont want to go all out. my budget for just motor is about $3000.

My trans already has the j-mod with the fixed 1-2 piston. 4.10's ,locker, and d-shaft were in the plans even before the motor went and still are. polly bushings and probley the gear cover suport will go in with the gears. anything else i should need while im back there thats worth putting on?

im looking to get this thing moving quick so i can get out of this probe. and on that note i have a parts car taking up space if anyone needs it for pretty cheep that runs but doesnt drive.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
this will be my dailey driver so i dont want to go to wild but i would like about 400-450hp when all said and done. I want good stuff but i dont want to go all out. my budget for just motor is about $3000.
[/div]

400-450 hp NA IS going all out...you'll spend way more than $3000.

ok so what do i need and where do i begain? where can i start researching parts and finding out what i need to do to get this done. money is not really a problem here but im not looking to blow it all. like if i only need a forged crank for boost and every weekend at the track then i dont want it.

what DO i need parts wise to build 400-450hp? do i need forged crank? do i need forged rods or will h-beam work? should i go with dish, flat top, or domed pistons? should i stay 4.6L or do i stroke it to 5.0L or 5.1L? is it worth it to bore the motor 30 or so over to get those extra cubes? where is a good place to get head work done? should i go with stage 2 or 3 cams and who do yal think makes the best ones? who makes the best valve springs?

come on i know some one here can answer my questions please this thing needs to get moving.

I have a set of comp beehive springs and retianers for $300. I also have a set of healthy camshafts for sale for $400. I also have a set of like new Stainless Steel +1mm intake and +1mm exhaust valves that i am looking for $12 a piece with hardened locks.

I also have a NEW IN BOX set of H beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts. $400 for these.

You will not find these pieces cheaper anywhere.

YOu will not make 400-450 rwhp with a 4.6 n/a and B heads.

I personally would stay with the stock crank for n/a as it is lighter and plenty strong enough. Put in some H beam rods and a set of CP flattop pistons and you are ready to go.

Let me know if you want these items as I am going ot post them up for sale on corral or ebay here shortly. YOu can have first stab at them.

yes im very interested in the parts. what are the cams that you have? what brand are they and do you know the specs? im assuming they are used how meny miles are on the cams, valves and springs?

i was looking for 400-450 at the motor. with your parts and a good set of ported heads and flat top pistons about how much power could i be looking at?

Back