RedHot Refuses To Start

HOTLNC

Charter Member
Paid Member
I have spark and Fuel pressure. We replaced the cam sensor. Broken wire from the cam sensor?

It only did this after I warmed up the car driving it for about 30 minutes. I let set for 3 hours and tried to start it. Cranks great -- not a bit of fire.

If you have spark, the crank sensor is working. That leads to the cam sensor(fuel timing). Since you replaced it, I would suspect the harness connector. You can splice in a new one from Ford.

I'll do that tonight, if possible.

If that connector is so bad, I'm surprised that it would keep running. It only fails to start after sitting a few hours. Any thoughts on that?

It's uncertain, but the car can run without a cam sensor once it is started. I've never attempted it but supposedly you can unplug the cam sensor after starting and it will continue to run.

There is a possibility that the ECT sensor or ACT sensor is failing sending a wrong signal to the PCM in ambient temps causing a too rich to start mixture. I know there was a issue with the ACT connector causing high resistance with age as well but all this is just speculative without actual measurements to compare to expected values.

Back