Leaky dipstick tube

Roadboss

On Work Release
Well I finally got my tube leak fixed. I ended up taking to my local tranny shop who is well known for honest and excellant quality workmanship. After analyzing the best acces route the car was put up on a lift and a 3' long extension and a 10mm flex socket was used to remove the bolt in the back of the head, it also took 4 hands to do this as the first pair had to reach around the header to guide the socket onto the bolt. After removal of the bolt the tube was pull out of the tranny from the top side. It was not pulled all the way out, but merely moved over so that it could be reached from underneath the car, and the old "O" ring removed and replaced with a new. It was definitely dried out and cracked. After the tube was reinserted into the tranny, a dab of grease was used in the socket to reinsert the bolt and tighten it (again 4 hands required). Total time at the shop was 25 minutes and $20.00. I feel that was great. Just wanted to share the experience. I then went on to get my new Cobra stlye hood fitted up before painting, that will be another story to be told next week after it is on and painted.:D :D :D

Back