July 3rd Atlanta Mark's BBQ

mlschultz

Registered
All are invited to my house in Kennesaw on Friday, July 3 from 12pm until whenever for a BBQ.

Bring your Mark, and a guest if you like, for some good food, conversation about your favorite car, and who knows what else. :)

Feel free to bring your favorite food and/or drink to share with everyone, but most importantly, bring yourself! You don't want to miss out on this! :)

Please post or pm me if you are going to attend, and I will send you directions to the house.

Cool

Cool

Count me in Mike. If the marks running properly by then, which should be in couple of weeks, i'll drive, if not, i'll ride up with Marvin in his Mark.

Just ordered the final pieces for it to run and ill have to buy a FL plate to get her on the road again. Hope the tires dont give me an attitude from sitting stationary for so long. ;) Looking forward to it and seeing everyone again.:D

Me and my wife are a maybe. Jeff and Marvin don't have to find a Babysitter. Although they probably need one. lol

That is great, Jeff and Kracker! Hope you guys can make it, because you FL guys are the guest of honor and the main reason I am putting on this shindig. :) I will pm you the address.

lol Kracker, I agree that Jeff and Marvin need someone to keep them out of trouble. Never a dull moment when those two are together... :)

Hey Mike. I got the PM. I won't be able to make it. I have to save my money for the Shootout. We really wanted to go but it was one or the other. I look forward to meeting you at the Shootout.

That's cool, Kracker :) I would do the same thing if I had to choose :) SSHS9 is definitely a must! Especially since this year we are going to have a judged car show, and the most exciting big car drag racing action on the planet! :cool:

Hope you guys like big, juicy, bone-in slow roasted grilled chicken breast! :wave022: lol And, one of my new specialties - Caribbean jerk pork loin. I will have some dogs and burgers on hand too, so come hungry! :)

ok, We have about 10 people that plan to be at the BBQ so far!

Anyone still on the fence if they can make it or not, let me know, and I can send you directions to the house just in case you might be able to stop by. Come on over and join the fun!

I believe food and beverages are covered by everyone already planning to be here, so don't feel obligated to bring anything, as there should be plenty of everything for everyone.

The weather this week has been great too, so maybe we can line the cars up and get some group photos! Been a while since the last ATL group photo, so bring your cameras! :)

All righty, I am ready for some serious BBQ now! I just replaced my fire alarm with a fresh one just to make sure things don't get out of control lol!

redneckfirealarm.jpg

LOL! that's awesome. too bad that that model tends to be single use, but at least they're inexpensive to replace!

lol, I get a chuckle every time I see that picture. Last count, over a dozen people will be at the BBQ! :) I will be taking some pictures, and I hope we can get some group photos of the cars lined up. It will probably be a mixture of vehicles, but everyone attending has a soft spot for Mark's. :)

lol Joe, SSHS9 is on Saturday, November 7th, 2009 at Atlanta Dragway. I usually spend the weekend - Friday and Saturday at a hotel near the track, since I live about 80 miles away - one way, from the track.

JP can probably vouch for this - One of the best hotel parking lot parties you will ever attend is at the SSHS event. :)

JP can probably vouch for this - One of the best hotel parking lot parties you will ever attend is at the SSHS event. :)[/quote]

I'll second that vote as well. As long as you can stand till the end. I redlighted about halfway through the party last time. Maybee this time i can stay up the whole time. haha As long as i stay away from that green kool-aid Marvin kept passing me. "Here hold onto this" and then walk away..... sip sip sip...zzzzzzzz
I think JP was sampling the kool-aid as well but i crashed too early to find out. haha ;) We need to do some grilling at the party this time. Man needs burnt meat with his beer. haha :cool:

lol JP and Jeff... aka Apple Pie Moon Shine and paint thinner :) There is a picture of Marvin floating around the web of him sampling the nectar of the red neck gods :cool:

Joe, I have no problem with house guests, but Wendy might. I will talk to her and see what she says. :)

See everyone at the BBQ tomorrow! Have a safe trip Jeff, and Marvin! :)

Well, keep me posted on next time, I would have needed to leave this morning to make it on time... :D

BTW, I can give good house guest references... :D
Just ask, Sharon, or JP, or Steve... hell even Emily... :D

Hope everyone has fun!

:D -J

Well crap, Joe, I did not realize you wanted to come to the BBQ tomorrow. I thought you were talking about coming to SSHS9 and staying here a few days and teaching me how to play this Fender Fat Strat that I have had sitting here for the last couple years and won't get off my fat ass and learn how to play lol :) . Sorry, my bad.

Back