modularfords

Yeah...I'm lazy and I only post/read here so there you go. Plus, I already know everything I need to know for now....if I want to install a sc, or heads, or cams, or a 5.0 cammer I'll figure it out later. I gotta keep room for my daily activities or I'll turn into Max and not get any work done, haha.

This car is not doing so good. The wrist pin failed (or so it seems) and there are metal shavings in the oil pan and filter. It was a 4k mile motor if I am not mistaken.

Certainly not much return for all that he's put into it so far. Too bad.

Last edited:
Rod's a good guy, I've met him. I hate to see him have issues like this on his pride and joy. :(

Yeah, he's a super nice guy. I talked to him a while back about this and other projects. Always very helpful !!!
I bet he's kicking his azz now that since the motor has to be rebuilt, a head swap and the intercooled c-headed KB would be a better option.
Either way, I wish him luck with the build ... it's never as easy as it seems.

It's a wrist pin ... alright ;) East coast >> West coast ;)

Last edited:
Lol, gee bud! :) Thats the ONLY "pin" I knew of in the engine, but I've always heard/known them to be called Piston Pins.

If you were from England, you would call it a Gudgeon Pin.:big-grin:

J, your (young) age is showing!! hehehe

Haha, I guess! I checked the SH magazine and he calls it a piston pin also. I will say that it seems like it doesn't have a "name" when you call it a piston pin....kinda like saying that pin that goes in that piston.

Must be a east coast / west coast thing.

Ummm.....sure, haha! Where does the in-between coasters fit? Do they call them connecting rod pins?

It's a wrist pin ... alright ;) East coast >> West coast ;)

Hey...I learned something yesterday :) I'll call them "wrist pins" from now on.

If you were from England, you would call it a Gudgeon Pin.:big-grin:

Whats a Gudgeon? haha

Back