Column tilt funky

LeoC2

Registered
Moose's column telescope function has gone the way of the Dodo. It tilts no problem, it just doesn't telescope. At first it was an intermittent problem, seemingly occurring when it was cold and working fine when warm. Now it doesn't telescope at all.

I imagine it's either the switch, a loose wire, bad motor... something else? Anyone ever had this problem?

ps: there haven't been any crunching or grinding sounds associated with this so I don't think it's the bearings.

Potentiometer part # is F7LZ14A605AA
its also know as a position sensor. i cant tell you exactly where in the column it is but its in the middle of it all and you have to disassemble the column to change it, i have never done it but i think you may have to take the column out of the car to do it i am not sure. would probably be easiest.

Im having a prob with my wheel also but I found it to be the wire conections not touching I did a temp. fix by sticking a screwdriver in the holes and prying the contacks so the y touch but its starting to not work again but if I hit under the column it starts to work again. Trying hitting under the column with yours and if it works you may want to look into the conection. I thought it was the four way switch at first and tryed to fix it ended up braking my clock sring and I have a sring that I can't find where it goes in the turn signle switch and now when i turn the wheel with the binlker on then turn back I have to turn the blinker off by hand wont do it auto. any more I looked and looked but I can't fig. where the spring goes any way hope this helped PS. im going to post a question about my clock sring if anyone who knows can help would be great TA TA 4 now

Back