Home Events Forums Lincoln Technology Rides Merchandise

Click here to join the club!

Thread: '01 LS 5 Beeps 5 Times??

Thanks

Default '01 LS 5 Beeps 5 Times??

Everytime I start my car it will beep a series of 5 beeps 5 times. No lights no nothing. I thought it my coolant or windshield washer fluid might be low but it wasn't. When each of my doors are open the door ajar light comes on, along with the trunk. Anyone else have this problem? It's getting really annoying.
    Thanks

Thanks

Sounds exactly like what I'm going through. Check out the thread I made: http://mark8.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16623 Hopefully for your sake it's not the same thing wrong as mine. As a recap, double check that all your check engine lights and air bag lights come on when you first put the ignition to run.

Thanks

Sure sounds like the same thing. Your local Auto Zone will run a scan at no charge.
    Bud Pytko
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 PSD CC 4X4 LB
    2012 VW Passat - Makes for a two-diesel Family
    2007 Arctic Fox 30' 5th Wheel
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII - SOLD - But not forgotten

Thanks

Here are your causes for the beeps......

Warning Devices
    Notes

NOTE: The key-in-ignition switch is an integral part of the ignition switch.

The warning device system consists of the following:

key-in-ignition switch
    door ajar switch
    instrument cluster
    Front Electronic Module (FEM)
    Rear Electronic Module (REM)
    safety belt switch
    headlamp switch

You'll need to take it to the dealer to have it checked out, its not something simple. If you're mechanically inclined and you think you want to take a shot at doing pinout tests, and removing the instrument cluster, or headlight switch, or the entire ignition switch, I can give you the repair instructions, or diagnosis procedure.
    The infamous "Land Shark"

Also Owned 97 Tan/Tan LSC
    Quote Originally Posted by driller View Post
    OK, I've been owned. Educate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLF View Post
    Was he just on vacation? Doubtful, but I suppose it's possible.

Thanks

The 5 sets of 5 beeps, with a one second interval between repetitions, is a VERY SPECIFIC signal sent by the OBDII RCM to indicate it has detected a restraint system concern but is unable to control the airbag warning light to let the driver know there's a problem.

As jinx 8402 already said, it's explained in his "Need Help" thread below.

I must repeat:

While any OBDII RCM detects a Restraint System malfunction and makes the decision to initiate the 5x5 beep sequence or flash the airbag light if it can, it also locks itself into a defaulted "failsafe" mode that disables ALL restraint devices to prevent any incorrect deployment. You will have NO airbags in case of an accident. There are a few low-priority error exceptions to this stratagy, but don't assume they're what you have!

Ford engineering logic is that it is safer to have no deployment and trust the seatbelts in a collision while an error situation exists, than run any risk whatsoever of having an airbag blow off in the face of a driver just tootling along on the highway, enjoying the scenery, and CAUSING an accident.

Get the OBDII Network scanned for codes.

Let us know what errors the RCM detected, and we'll go from there.
    Last edited by Frankie X; 07-29-2007 at 09:22 AM.
    Frankie X
    1995 Cranberry Continental
    1994 Black Mark VIII
    2005 Black Mercedes smartCar

www.whiteoaklincoln.com

Thanks

Your air bag bulb and more than likely check engine bulb in the guage cluster have been pulled out. Mine doing the same thing and I checked and found bulbs were not in the cluster. if your going to pull out cluster make sure pos and neg cables on battery are pulled off first and don't contact each other. If cluster is pulled out while battery is still connected, fuse #24, 5 amp, in the fuse panel on the passenger side near the foot kick panel will blow, thus putting the ecu into theft mode and will not allow car to start. Any one know if a fuse can be pulled anywhere to stop the 5 beeps 5 times action. Mine doin the same but I will not fix the air bag problem. Dealer wants practically 5 mortgage payments to fix a problem that takes under an hour, I'm just too cheap. Thanks all, Dennis