Chapters now in open forum?

RE: Chapters now in open forum?

Wait a minute. When I first asked why I "had' to become an LOD member, I was informed that if I was to remain the VP of our chapter, I MUST become a member of the LOD. I was also told that one of the other "perks" was a section for MEMBERS ONLY.

Well, looks like that has been changed. I want a refund. After-all, I did have to give up one of the "perks".

Oh well, at least you guys are entertaining.

[a BlackIceLSC-VP LODNCA
http://mark8.org/lodnca
94 Black/Black M8
95 Champagne/Saddle M8
http://www.markviii.org/~blackicelsc/lodcard2.JPG
see profile for mods[/a]​

Well, to be a "member" of an LOD chapter, you have to be a member of LOD. I'm sure you can see why. Although we wouldn't preclude any non-members from participating in any LOD events, if LOD is going to provide funds for an event, those present should be LOD members or at minimum badgered, er, i mean "actively recruited" to become members by those members present.

There is still a members only area, which include the "members round table" forum and the auction house forum. We thought it would be better to put the chapter sites out in the open so that potential members can see what fun the members of the chapters are having at their meets. Basically we did it to attract more members.

As Dave has explained, behind the scenes we had some discussion about bringing the Chapter sites into the open. As one of the people behind the idea to make the chapters more public, I hope that all chapters will benefit from this decision. Hopefully, it'll drive more people through the chapter forums and to the chapter sites themselves. One of the intentions is to raise awareness and hopefully, get more people out to some chapter events. From there, the members can demonstrate the value of being a contributing (as in dues paying) member.

When the idea was put forward, it was embraced very positively by the new board members. We considered it earlier, but had to hold off for a number of reasons. What we are trying to do, is make incremental improvements over time. Hopefully, they will be seen as such. I believe that these will become more visible shortly.

Look for some "tuning" of the organization of the conferences to make them more condensed, and hopefully, easier to navigate.

Feedback is always soliciated either in the forums, or by Private Message.

geesh, I cant even get the guys in our LOD chapter to contribute. maybe someone new will come along, and steal the chair out from under me.

I was actually "appointed" VP of the Nor Cal chapter. What that means, is unknown, but I was told, to be the VP that I was appointed to be, I had to enroll as a supporting member. I havent seen a whole lot of difference between being a member here, and being a visitor, except being able to view the "members only" section, which is now open to all. Do you see my point?

$20.00 for some windshield decals. Cool.

[a BlackIceLSC-VP LODNCA
http://mark8.org/lodnca
94 Black/Black M8
95 Champagne/Saddle M8
http://www.markviii.org/~blackicelsc/lodcard2.JPG
see profile for mods[/a]​

I agree with blackice...... for what its worth.

...being able to view the "members only" section, which is now open to all. Do you see my point?

OK, what is it nobody gets?

The MEMBERS ONLY SECTION is still a MEMBERS ONLY section... ONLY the chapter forums have been made public.
The MEMBERS ONLY SECTION is still a MEMBERS ONLY section... ONLY the chapter forums have been made public.

but, if you cant be a chapter member unless your a LOD member, then why do you need to see the chapter forum? Im just curious as to your reasoning.

When people visit the club message board and see that there are active local chapters hopefully they will join. The venders discounts should give them incentive.

what vendor discounts are those?

Back