Finding hoses?

geckzilla

Registered
Hello, newbie here. I've been using this forum for quite a bit to find the answers for my mark 8's issues but up until now all I've had to do is lurk around and use the search feature. Great forum, I really like it. Was surprised to find out there is such a nice fan club built up around the car I bought. Anyway...

1993 model. Previous owner (some old guy) apparently only ever had it dealer serviced. Seems to be in good shape. Cooling system sprung a leak somewhere though, and in the process of replacing the water pump and thermostat, putting all of the old hoses back on seems to have broken their ability to hold water and made the situation even worse.

So I need some new hoses for the cooling system. All of the ones that go to the thermostat and the radiator except for the stubby straight one out of the back of the thermostat thing. Anyone know how I can get some new hoses? According to the Ford dealer and Auto Zone no one in the country has them in stock, except for the upper and lower radiator hoses, which should be at the store later today.

But yeah, sorry if I sound stupid. I'm not a mechanic. My brother and dad are helping me and telling me what I need to do and buy and that's what I'm doing. So am I just boned here or what?

RE: Finding hoses?

I was just going to say Autozone. Anything they don't stock locally is probably generic, and they can sell you bulk hose for you to cut to length and install. Upper and lower radiator hoses are all that i can think of that would be specific to the vehicle.

Welcome!

Welcome!

I had a coolant flush and all hoses replaced at a dealer.

www.partsamerica.com lists all hoses available, upper radiator hose, lower radiator hose, bypass hose, heater hose,...

Hehe... after two days of screwing around with it and being stranded at my dad's house and missing a day of work I finally got it back together. I think the problem was actually my brother afterall. Replaced the two hoses I did manage to get and then put the rest of the old ones on and it magically worked. Brother is sloppy. I should have done it in the first place. Oh well. It's over-fixed now, if there is such a thing.

For the record I did finally find someone at the parts shop who actually knew what he was doing. Would have had the rest of the hoses tomorrow morning if putting the old ones on again didn't work. Prior to finding this guy we'd even gone to the ford dealer itself and according to the guy there, my hoses existed in one place and one place only. What a hassle.

Thanks. :>

Brothers.... ::roll::

Glad you got it fixed, and glad to see you here.

Back